Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Trans Zone (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Facial and Body Hair! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5398)

DapperButch 02-08-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDeere (Post 970090)
HAHAHAHAHAAH winter pelt! Good one Gemme!

Have you taken any steps to get on testosterone? I know you were looking for information on it. Reality is that if you go on T, they will for sure have to get used to body hair!

JDeere 02-08-2015 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 970100)
Have you taken any steps to get on testosterone? I know you were looking for information on it. Reality is that if you go on T, they will for sure have to get used to body hair!

Working with a therapist here right now. I have seen how hairy some guys gets lol, look like Grizzlies! I am used to it but they aren't and I think they are in denial about me being trans.

DapperButch 02-09-2015 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDeere (Post 970101)
Working with a therapist here right now. I have seen how hairy some guys gets lol, look like Grizzlies! I am used to it but they aren't and I think they are in denial about me being trans.

Yes, it's hard. Good luck to you.

theoddz 02-09-2015 11:12 AM

I have tons of hair.....everywhere but on my head. :|

Having been on T since 2007, my poor hairline has receded and has retreated to my back, shoulders, chest and legs. Unfortunately, I guess, I come from a hairy lineage, though I don't know for sure exactly what, since I was adopted and don't know anything about my birth genetics. I do know that I have a *lot* of Irish blood and Native American in me, via the information I do have (non-identifying) about my birthmother's side.

I love being neat and tidy, in my appearance. Despite my receding hairline, I keep my hair cut in the traditional "Marine Corps style" of what's known as a "high 'n tight". I've always loved facial hair, even before I transitioned, and was absolutely elated when I discovered that I can grow a nice, wonderfully full beard!! Ever since, it seems that I vacillate between having a full, very short and neatly trimmed beard and a nice trimmed, short goatee and 'stache with longer sideburns. It actually depends on what season of the year we're in, too, as I keep a full beard from the early Fall (Sept.-Oct.) through about March or April, and then cut down to the goatee/'stache/sideburns during the hot summer months. Here in Vegas, it can get abominably HOT in the summer and if I keep longer, thicker facial hair, I am miserably hot. Not to mention, full of acne/heat rash. I hate, hate HATE getting a zit in my beard!!!!

Anyway, I trim things where needed and pretty much leave everything else alone. For ME, it's all about keeping a neat and tidy appearance while maintaining comfortability. I'm almost to the OCD level when it comes to bathing, keeping a neat haircut and being mindful of the fact that hair holds odors, so it is an absolute necessity for me to take 1 or more showers per day and use powders, talc and a nice cologne to finish off a well groomed appearance. :winky:

~Theo~ :bouquet:

Daktari 02-09-2015 12:04 PM

Not shaved, waxed or dipilated anything for nigh on 30yrs. Pubes are kept clipped and tidy, everything else grows as nature intended. I'm not a hairy chap however. Femmes have always been agog at my almost hairless and unshaved legs for years.

Only issue I ever had was with the small-minded dykes on the gay clubbing scene I hung out with 20yrs ago. They thought anyone who didn't shave their body hair was 'disgusting'.
Their intolerance and closed-mindedness was a huge factor in my dropping the 'straight' gay clubbing scene in favour of the more alternative, kinky, far more tolerant pansexual scene. The happy result was an identity journey I never anticipated. :cheesy:

JDeere 02-17-2015 10:09 PM

I told them to get over it and let the topic of MY personal body issues go. It felt good but I still think they won't let it go and continue on due to being in severe denial.

Corkey 02-17-2015 10:12 PM

When they bring it up again, 'cause I think you're right, do not engage with them, turn walk away refuse to submit to their intolerance.:fastdraq:

JDeere 02-17-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corkey (Post 972285)
When they bring it up again, 'cause I think you're right, do not engage with them, turn walk away refuse to submit to their intolerance.:fastdraq:

Good reminder for me, Thanks and yes walk away is a good thing, because I do tend to get annoyed and lose my temper:slapfight:

Logicaly 02-20-2015 02:50 AM

I have been trying to grow a beard and mustache. It has been a very slow process for me. My beard grows in patchy so I try to trim it without shaving it off. My mustache is super light but is slowly starting to get a bit darker now.

bright_arrow 02-20-2015 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logicaly (Post 972861)
I have been trying to grow a beard and mustache. It has been a very slow process for me. My beard grows in patchy so I try to trim it without shaving it off. My mustache is super light but is slowly starting to get a bit darker now.

Just popping in to say that I really love your beard :)

JDeere 02-20-2015 02:56 AM

I naturally grow a mustache, it ranges from light to dark, depending on how often I shave. No beard just natural peach fuzz.

I hear some transmen take awhile to grow facial hair and others it grows really fast.

DapperButch 02-20-2015 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logicaly (Post 972861)

I see you identify as transgender male. Are you on testosterone, or is this just natural growth?

Logicaly 02-20-2015 06:14 PM

I am on testosterone. It was a good 2 years before I started growing any facial hair at all. I was hoping to not have issues as the men in my family have no problem growing beards.

pumpndude 10-27-2016 11:11 PM

Love my facial hair and other hair growth

For me it took about 3 years before I could even grow facial hair and leg hair....I wish I was born with thicker hair on my head but I had thin hair....
Now I'm bald but I don't care.....I'm a man and I embrace that with all that I
am.....

I know I was born the wrong sex so shaving now and getting to choose if I want a mustache, beard or be clean shaven, makes me feel great..

I don't mind at all shaving, that's what men do...:cigar2:

DapperButch 02-05-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButchEire (Post 626613)
I'm a hairy guy, with no added hormones and now that i'm coming into my own as an FTM, i'm more comfortable letting the hair grow out. It also helps that I have a supportive partner who loves this hairy guy. I have the makings of a full goatee but i'm not sure I want to go that direction and i'm not a fan of full-on facial hair on anyone. I love the freedom of not having to shave every day and well, I do love my furry pelt,lol. I refer to myself as a sasquatch.

So, how do you, as an FTM, manscape? How do you feel about being hairy? What about partners/girlfriends/etc., do you like your man's hair?

I am close to 2.5 years on T, with 2 years of that being "full dose".

I am not "hairy" for a male, and not as hairy as I think most guys are this long on testosterone. I believe I will get a good amount more hair, it just isn't happening as quickly as I thought it would. I don't have much feeling either way about my hair. I would like more facial hair, as I would like to have more options than I do now. I have a mustache and under the chin hair, but it is not as thick as a typical 46 year old, so I would never grow it out. I don't know that I will ever wear facial hair, anyway. I don't know that it looks good on me. I am also not around a lot of guys with facial hair. My Dad always shaved, and in my professional environment I just don't see many guys with facial hair. Never do I see a full beard on anyone. I like the overall short, short scruffy look, but that would never fit in my professional world.

I see I am getting some hair on the back of my shoulders. If that actually becomes a "thing", I will be getting my back waxed regularly. Back hair just really grosses me out. I am sure that if I get sasquatch like, I won't be pleased.

In terms of mascaping. I shave my face every day and I trim my nether regions, when needed. It took me a long time to accept having to shave my face daily, but it really doesn't take too long after you get used to it. I have also accepted the fact I can't get away with just using an electric razor.

JeanPaul 09-20-2017 10:54 AM

so envious of all who can grow facial hair...i am nearly 5 months on T and painting my face 2x day with extra strength Minoxidal, all I have to show are 6 black moustache hairs...I have a crapload of vellum-hairs all over my face. Hopefully 1/2 of the vellum will turn coarse and black and I will have the facial hair I desire. Is so important to me to help to pass as a man....getting mis gendered is very exacerbating, hoping mounds of facial hair will help folks to see me for the real me.

Logicaly 10-21-2017 08:13 PM

So it's been a long time now that I have been on hormones and I am still growing a patchy beard and light mustache. I have started using Rogaine basically on my face and have noticed a difference in doing so, especially on my sideburns starting to finally grow more.

DapperButch 10-21-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logicaly (Post 1176461)
So it's been a long time now that I have been on hormones and I am still growing a patchy beard and light mustache. I have started using Rogaine basically on my face and have noticed a difference in doing so, especially on my sideburns starting to finally grow more.

I could grow a full mustache and a heavy beard on the bottom of my chin and under it. The sideburns are coming in and the other areas are patchy.

I shave the fuck out of it. I find myself obsessed with a soft face. I am the only trans guy I know who wants to be clean shaven. Don't misunderstand, I am looking forward to the ability to have a full beard, but until that can happen (a year or so), I want every inch perfectly cleared and smooth. I can't stand the feeling of stubble. I am a member of the Dollar Shave Club. $6 a month and I get 4 cartridges a month. That means a fresh razor every week.

It has become an obsession. Super lighting, magnifying mirrors...lol.

In terms of Rogaine, I heard it works, but only if you keep using it. I guess in the same way that it works on one's head... you have to keep using it.

Blaze 10-21-2017 10:41 PM

So from when I was young child till now. 99.9% of the time I was addressed as Sir. As I got into my teens I had my bouts with Chemo, and after battling that, and losing all my hair, it came back with a vengeance. I’m like Dapper. I like a clean shaven face. I’ve gone a couple of weeks not shaving. But I get heat rash. Maybe it’s stress. So I prefer clean cut. My legs are hairier than most of my brothers. And my family is fairly hairy. I have never been on T’s. But motorcycle accident and scalp being road rashed has helped with hair thinning. Omg. I didn’t realize I been shaving that long lmao. Don’t shave legs, arms or pits. I would probably need a weed whacker just to get close enough to start. And heck No. No wax! I like my hairy legs. I know if mosquitoes are around lol.

TIMBERWOLF 10-22-2017 09:42 AM

I've been shaving since I was 27. I had very hairy legs but since going on dialysis my hair has thinned out and no hair on my legs. If I don't shave every day I will grown a goatee and somewhat tash. I get a 5 0clock shadow. I don't shave as much as I use too when I worked. I ve never taken T or wanted too.