Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics And Law (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Women and Politics (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1577)

Linus 06-10-2010 05:12 PM

Women and Politics

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_607315.html

I think it's more than "Ladies Night". Perhaps hopefully people are realizing that women can do well as politicians and that it's not all "penis power".

Toughy 06-10-2010 06:53 PM

I think it means money buys elections. Here in CA both Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina are multi-million/billionaires and spent their own money (millions for both) in the primarys.

Meg Whitman started today with her new campaign ads. Fiorina should be starting soon.

You know Fiorina has a mansion in CA, one in DC and owns 2 yachts. That is how much money she got for shipping jobs overseas and running HP into the ground.

Whitman cut a shit pile of jobs at EBay while she drew a salary of millions.

And neither of these two women have ever consistently voted. I'm not sure if they even have voted more than 5 times in their entire lives.

I am truly not impressed with either of these idiots......money buys anything........

(and I'm not even gonna get started on how stupid the people in CA are based on the Propositions on the Ballot that passed...........idiots everywhere..........

Martina 06-10-2010 07:42 PM

i think the CA voters did OK three out of five. The earthquake improvement exemption from Property Tax seems like a good idea, and they turned down the efforts by PG&E and the insurance company to feather their own nests.

i am not for open primaries in this political climate, but we had them in Michigan, and only rarely did the Republicans vote for a weak Democrat in order to prevent a strong one from opposing their sure thing.

Proposition 15 seemed like a good idea. Too bad re that.

Semantics 06-10-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toughy (Post 127420)
I think it means money buys elections. Here in CA both Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina are multi-million/billionaires and spent their own money (millions for both) in the primarys.

Meg Whitman started today with her new campaign ads. Fiorina should be starting soon.

You know Fiorina has a mansion in CA, one in DC and owns 2 yachts. That is how much money she got for shipping jobs overseas and running HP into the ground.

Whitman cut a shit pile of jobs at EBay while she drew a salary of millions.

And neither of these two women have ever consistently voted. I'm not sure if they even have voted more than 5 times in their entire lives.

I am truly not impressed with either of these idiots......money buys anything........

(and I'm not even gonna get started on how stupid the people in CA are based on the Propositions on the Ballot that passed...........idiots everywhere..........

Here in Connecticut we have Linda McMahon (R) running for the Senate. She and her husband Vince created World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and ran it for three decades.

One of the first things she said was that she would spend $50 million of her own money on the race.

She's a nightmare, and she could win. Money talks (and buys a lot of air time).

Toughy 06-17-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martina (Post 127454)
i think the CA voters did OK three out of five. The earthquake improvement exemption from Property Tax seems like a good idea, and they turned down the efforts by PG&E and the insurance company to feather their own nests.

i am not for open primaries in this political climate, but we had them in Michigan, and only rarely did the Republicans vote for a weak Democrat in order to prevent a strong one from opposing their sure thing.

Proposition 15 seemed like a good idea. Too bad re that.

IF it was only that kind of open primary. The one passed says the top two vote getters in the primary, regardless of party, will face off in the general election. In a good part of CA, that means two republicans will face each other in the general election. And in the SF Bay Area....well most of it .....and in parts of LA that means two democrats will face each other. The CA law really tosses out the 2-party system and eliminates voter choice.

AtLast 06-17-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toughy (Post 132790)
IF it was only that kind of open primary. The one passed says the top two vote getters in the primary, regardless of party, will face off in the general election. In a good part of CA, that means two republicans will face each other in the general election. And in the SF Bay Area....well most of it .....and in parts of LA that means two democrats will face each other. The CA law really tosses out the 2-party system and eliminates voter choice.

So true (and it was how this legislation was constructed that I couldn't handle, plus the present political climate), CA is NOT the vast left-wing state it often gets equated with and has many, many, powerful Republicans.

If this had been in effect now, my guess is that we would have a Whitman vs. Poizner election in November.

My problem with party primaries is that as one that registers as Decline to state, can't vote in the primary. I just cannot be registered in any political party. I especially have had it with the 2 major ones.

Martina 06-17-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 127348)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_607315.html

I think it's more than "Ladies Night". Perhaps hopefully people are realizing that women can do well as politicians and that it's not all "penis power".

i just watched that for the first time. It's funny, but an odd introduction to the subject. i don't know. It's funny. Not offensive as humor. As an introduction to the subject, it is . . . .

AtLast 06-17-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semantics (Post 127475)
Here in Connecticut we have Linda McMahon (R) running for the Senate. She and her husband Vince created World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and ran it for three decades.

One of the first things she said was that she would spend $50 million of her own money on the race.

She's a nightmare, and she could win. Money talks (and buys a lot of air time).

OMG!! That McMahon! Oh, yeah... $ talks! Isn't it amazing the money these peole are spending.... it makes me sick. Look at what this money could be better used for....

When are we going to deal with public financing for elections!!

Soon 06-23-2010 06:31 PM

The rise of hugely insufferable women