Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tru Blood Fans (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21)

Scorp 11-01-2009 08:32 PM

Tru Blood Fans

If you're a Tru Blood fan, this is the place to be! Share your thoughts, comments, etc about the show here.

This is one of my favorite shows on HBO. I'm hooked! I'm bummed the season ended and can't wait for the new season to begin. SSSoooooooooooooooookie.... :p

Arwen 11-01-2009 09:09 PM

I am utterly MAD for True Blood. In fact, when I signed up for DirectTV for my new place, I had to tell them to make sure they added HBO! LOL

Scorp 11-02-2009 07:41 PM

Arwen, I'm right there with you. I'm addicted big time to it. I actually ordered the "tru blood" soda 4 pack. I basically got it out of curiosity, being a fan of the show, plus the bottles looked pretty cool (just like on the show at Sam's bar). It's blood orange soda and it leaves a bad after taste. Quite disappointing, after they were making a big deal about it. If you're thinking it will taste like Orange Crush, nope, it doesn't. I have the bottles on display in my bar which make for a great conversation piece, along with the bottle opener I ordered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwen (Post 52)
I am utterly MAD for True Blood. In fact, when I signed up for DirectTV for my new place, I had to tell them to make sure they added HBO! LOL

Arwen 11-02-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 128)
Arwen, I'm right there with you. I'm addicted big time to it. I actually ordered the "tru blood" soda 4 pack. I basically got it out of curiosity, being a fan of the show, plus the bottles looked pretty cool (just like on the show at Sam's bar). It's blood orange soda and it leaves a bad after taste. Quite disappointing, after they were making a big deal about it. If you're thinking it will taste like Orange Crush, nope, it doesn't. I have the bottles on display in my bar which make for a great conversation piece, along with the bottle opener I ordered.

Have you read the books? I have not. My writing partner and best friend tells me I must. :)

The_Lady_Snow 11-03-2009 12:01 AM

Snowy loves Eric!!!:cool:

Arwen 11-03-2009 11:46 AM

Erik Northman is some kind of hot. Did you know that the actor is the son of the actor who played Bootstrap Bill in Pirates of the Caribbean? Did you care?

Scorp 11-04-2009 08:10 AM

Nope, I'd rather the visual aspect of it <tv and all> ;) know what i mean? P.S. we need to have a devil smiley in this joint, especially for me... :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwen (Post 147)
Have you read the books? I have not. My writing partner and best friend tells me I must. :)

Abigail Crabby 11-04-2009 09:05 AM

Avid True Blood fan here -

major jonesing for the new season.

I adore Eric - it's the bad boi what can I say.

I haven't read the books as yet but they are on my list soon.

Arwen 11-05-2009 11:23 PM

I don't even know when the new season starts. Anyone?

Andrew, Jr. 11-06-2009 03:40 AM

Ok, I rented Tru Blood and couldn't figure it out. I was bored in all honesty. I tried the second disk, and I still couldn't get into it. And I am a huge fan of the paranormal. Is this the same Tru Blood you guys are talking about? Did you have to keep watching it to get into it?

I'm not a reader, so no I never read any of the books.

Random 11-06-2009 03:49 AM

Big Tru Blood fan...

I've been ready the books for years, and wasn't all that interested in a tv show based on them.. (I was like.. what? How about Anita Blake????)

But I was pleasantly suprised..

The show is more complex and involved than the books...I love the chart development ...

Lafette is my favorite..

Arwen 11-06-2009 08:50 AM

I am going to pick the books up and try them. I remember my writing partner insisting that I had to read them, but when I did try, I just could not get into them.

And I agree! Lafayette is the bomb-diggity! He cracks me up.

Scorp 11-06-2009 09:17 AM

They're saying Season 3 should start around June 16, 2010.

I found myself crushing on Jessica in Season 2. She never did anything for me when she was first introduced to the show, but then, BAM she struck me :D

I agree, Lafayette cracks me the hell up. I love that character...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwen (Post 1025)
I don't even know when the new season starts. Anyone?

Abigail Crabby 11-06-2009 09:21 AM

HBO rep was in our cable lobby this week.......said True Blood season three will begin somewhere around june 2010

Mitmo01 11-07-2009 06:54 AM

This show is fantastic, the writing and the character devleopment sucked me in. At first i didint give it a chance and then i had to spend some time playing catch up because i blew it off. This is one of the best shows on tv and i cant wait for the next season.

I love lafayette, in this 2nd season his screen time seemed limited??

I did like maryann a lot, wish she wouldve stuck around lol

I think Eric is becoming my fav

Random 11-07-2009 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwen (Post 1140)
I am going to pick the books up and try them. I remember my writing partner insisting that I had to read them, but when I did try, I just could not get into them.

And I agree! Lafayette is the bomb-diggity! He cracks me up.

I used to call the books.. *The harlequen romances of the Supernatural World*

They were on my fluff list as something I could read at work... You know, something you could walk away from and then pick up again in two days... (I may have some slight issues with *eating* books that I think are really good)

Mitmo got me hooked on the show... She was like.. *damn, you have to watch this..*

Lol.. Any suprise that Maryann was my lotus eater's favorite??

Arwen 11-07-2009 09:08 AM

I adore Jessica. Her translation of permanent teen angst into the foreverness of a vampire really works for me. I particularly adored the line "You are going to be sorry when I get an eating disorder" to Bill.

And his whole reaction to realizing that he is now the parent of one sassy, scared, wildly wicked bad girl has been fascinating.

The character development has been a bit slow for me on some characters. Sam has grown but Sookie doesn't really change that much. Jason on the other hand has been a source of hilarity.

Gods, he's dumb but so pretty to look at. He's like the caricature of the gorgeous blond only in male format.

So who do YOU think snatched Bill at the end? Erik is the obvious choice, but I am leaning towards the Fellowship of the Sun.

Arwen 11-12-2009 12:34 PM

Okay so I bought the first book. It's a bit weird reading it since I already KNOW what is going to happen! :| Not a huge fan of 1st person either but so far it's entertaining.

Mitmo01 11-20-2009 11:28 PM

I was thinking about the Queen of New Orleans Sophia the other day. I hope they give her a longer story line, she was kinda interesting. I am def going to miss Maryann though, and yeah id def end up being a lotus eater lol