Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lesbian Zone (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   the "REAL L WORD" show (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1636)

FR 06-21-2010 11:58 PM

the "REAL L WORD" show

--well the new showtime so called started last nite-so what do we think about the docu-reality drama ?

---for my 2 cents--its gonna be titalating for alot of folks. most in this are what i call LA lesbians. sort of andro-lipstick not really the butch-femme in perhaps the definition. but i got lost on who these ppl are with in about 20 minutes and feels like i'm going to need a chart. but the ny bitches-i mean housewives are done for now and i need a new show to throw things at-lol.

apretty 06-22-2010 12:12 AM

i can't abide ugly and stupid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FR (Post 135628)
--well the new showtime so called started last nite-so what do we think about the docu-reality drama ?

---for my 2 cents--its gonna be titalating for alot of folks. most in this are what i call LA lesbians. sort of andro-lipstick not really the butch-femme in perhaps the definition. but i got lost on who these ppl are with in about 20 minutes and feels like i'm going to need a chart. but the ny bitches-i mean housewives are done for now and i need a new show to throw things at-lol.

i couldn't even get through the 'introductions' and i was asking E, 'what the FUCK is this shit?... Jesus. God--That HAIR! Really?.' so we watched tru blood instead (on dvr).

i really tried--this goes way *beyond* LA Lesbians--LA women are notoriously hot and (and if not, they're at least) sophisticated--in the 2 introductions that i pissed and moaned through--i saw nothing very "LA" --it seemed way more 'riverside' or some place decidedly not LA (long beach?)

Queerasfck 06-22-2010 12:14 AM

I don't really like reality shows to begin with. So we did catch a few minutes of it and I found it boring.

Enchantress 06-22-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apretty (Post 135633)
i couldn't even get through the 'introductions' and i was asking E, 'what the FUCK is this shit?... Jesus. God--That HAIR! Really?.' so we watched tru blood instead (on dvr).

i really tried--this goes way *beyond* LA Lesbians--LA women are notoriously hot and (and if not, they're at least) sophisticated--in the 2 introductions that i pissed and moaned through--i saw nothing very "LA" --it seemed way more 'riverside' or some place decidedly not LA (long beach?)

I think definitely Long Beach!

apretty 06-22-2010 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchantress (Post 135636)
I think definitely Long Beach!

i knew it! thank god i'm not the only one!!

they should rename it 'long beach needs love, too'.

...*oh lookie what came up when i googled 'long beach dykes'*

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2165/...42bb956f71.jpg

charming!!

Enchantress 06-22-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apretty (Post 135638)

charming!!

I met a dyke from Long Beach once. Did I mention, once? Not that there's anything wrong with it. Uh huh.

TenderKnight 06-22-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apretty (Post 135638)

charming!!

punk-fucking-ROCK! :guitar: :thefinger:

sharkchomp 06-22-2010 01:26 AM

I don't live any where near LA or Long Beach.... the show was ok and yes I thought most of them looked alike or so similar that it was very confusing.

I did find it amusing when the girl at the the end of the show dropped her new love off at the airport, then pulled forward to the next terminal to pick up another girl. LMAO!!!!!!!!

~~~shark~~~~~~~

FR 06-23-2010 01:18 AM

whats really scarey to me is one of these girls looks familiar-i know i know her from somewhere--lol

Unndunn 06-23-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkchomp (Post 135666)
I don't live any where near LA or Long Beach.... the show was ok and yes I thought most of them looked alike or so similar that it was very confusing.

~~~shark~~~~~~~

I also had a hard time telling them apart. There definitely seems to be one way to look if you are going to be on that show, or even in the bars they went to. I don't think I'll be watching this show on a regular basis, but I'm sure I'll probably see parts of it in the future when there's nothing else on.

p.s.- True Blood rocks!

Lillie 06-23-2010 09:50 AM

We did watch it just to see if it was gonna live up to the ridiculous hype it got..it didn't...but we did enjoy that last scene where the one dropped off her g/f from sf and then drove to another terminal to pick up another chic!...LMAO..now that was good stuff..

and arizona lesbians are the HAWTEST!..eh..who are we kidding ALL lesbians are hawt!...no matter where we live!

have a great day!:wine:

MsDemeanor 06-23-2010 11:23 AM

Thank goodness, I missed the first episode. Hopefully I can avoid the entire train wreck season.

Random 06-23-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FR (Post 135628)

We watched it and threw popcorn at the screen.. (well, not really, I mean..I don't wanna clean up that mess, and the cat's won't eat it...)

Both Mic and I agree... We would have hung at either one of those bars for about two seconds before wandering off...

Ya... this show is not being included in our must see tv...

Mitmo01 06-23-2010 02:17 PM

um that show is bunk and i dont know anyone like those chicks.......I would have went to that bar and walked out after about 2 seconds...

SuperFemme 06-23-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apretty (Post 135633)

i was definitely getting a 909 vibe.

apretty 06-23-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperFemme (Post 136887)
i was definitely getting a 909 vibe.

cracking UP!

*i never changed my 619, well i did get a new number just before leaving (new beginnings!) but never changed my area code and looks like i won't, ever. YAY!

SuperFemme 06-23-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apretty (Post 136894)
cracking UP!

*i never changed my 619, well i did get a new number just before leaving (new beginnings!) but never changed my area code and looks like i won't, ever. YAY!

haha. me too! i've had the 714 number for so many years...not willing to give it up. ever.

Medusa 06-24-2010 08:28 AM

I tried to watch a few minutes of that inanity but I felt a seizure coming on and had to abort.

leatherfaery 06-25-2010 11:01 PM

ummmmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenderKnight (Post 135647)
punk-fucking-ROCK! :guitar: :thefinger:

Please don't insult punks like that. That is NOT punk rock.

Thats a spiked up mullet with a case of road rage gone amok.

SuperFemme 06-26-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leatherfaery (Post 138754)
Please don't insult punks like that. That is NOT punk rock.

Thats a spiked up mullet with a case of road rage gone amok.

that's not the lead singer from TSOL?
say it ain't so.