Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   What Gives You Peace? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203)

Diva 11-24-2009 03:14 PM

~When I write, I listen to meditation music....it's ambient....no lyrics to distract me. Very mellow and peaceful and it helps push the purple ink out of my fountain pen. <soft smile>

~A nap with my puppy gives me peace......and if my feet are cold (I hate shoes), she lays on top of them....that's love. :paw::heartbeat:

JustLovelyJenn 11-24-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxyshaman (Post 11578)
Drumming

Just the thought of drums makes me smile... The good solid beat of drum music... mmmm... Makes me want to dance, belly dance... and grounds me... This is joyful.

Andrew, Jr. 11-25-2009 03:21 PM

Drumming is soothing for the soul imho.:drummer:

Gemme 11-25-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 3191)
If You've had a cruddy day, what do You do to 'shake it off'? Meditate? Listen to music? Read? Walk?

What do You do to center Yourself...to bring peace to Your soul?

~Diva

Music does, indeed, soothe the savage beast. At least the beast within me when I get riled up, am frustrated, or just feeling crappy. I pop my headphones on and jam out as I see fit in my own little world. The music I choose depends upong my mood and will also determine what I feel like after my little retreat.

If I'm angry or frustrated, Disturbed or Three Days Grace or Breaking Benjamin is good. If I am contemplative, One Republic or Daughtry or John Mayer or Rob Thomas is good. If I'm just kind of rowdy, Nickelback or Pitbull or Ciara is good. If I'm feeling sweet, Colbie Caillat or Demi Lovato or Mandy Moore is good.

These are good singers and groups that I consider my 'go to' music, but there are several acts that have produced music that can fit into different categories, such as Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Bianca Ryan, and T-SO.

IrishGrrl 11-25-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 12337)
Music does, indeed, soothe the savage beast. At least the beast within me when I get riled up, am frustrated, or just feeling crappy. I pop my headphones on and jam out as I see fit in my own little world. The music I choose depends upong my mood and will also determine what I feel like after my little retreat.

If I'm angry or frustrated, Disturbed or Three Days Grace or Breaking Benjamin is good. If I am contemplative, One Republic or Daughtry or John Mayer or Rob Thomas is good. If I'm just kind of rowdy, Nickelback or Pitbull or Ciara is good. If I'm feeling sweet, Colbie Caillat or Demi Lovato or Mandy Moore is good.

These are good singers and groups that I consider my 'go to' music, but there are several acts that have produced music that can fit into different categories, such as Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Bianca Ryan, and T-SO.

I hung out with Nickleback all quiet and conversation like ...it was cool.

FeminineAllure 11-25-2009 08:02 PM

What gives me peace?

Mint hot chocolate.
Candles
My living room that is so comfortable and homey
A bath
Feeding my feral cats that after 10 months are finally letting me pet them.
The look in my cats eyes when he looks at me when I pet him and sing to him.
Watching a movie with my Father.
Hearing water flowing.
Watching snow fall.
Being held in front of a fireplace.

Pixie 11-25-2009 08:18 PM

Peace for me comes with understanding and realizing that

-I not only survived today but I lived it.
-No matter what, who, when, where, and why... I am loved...always by me.
-Yesterday brought today and the opportunity for tomorrow.

TheSqueeze 11-30-2009 08:06 PM

My doggies give me incredible peace. They are the sweetest most loving little guys, they just melt right into me we they know I need it. We're cool like that...heh.

Toofrufru 11-30-2009 08:17 PM

A clean house with the dog/cat snuggled up after a long walk

Soft music getting out my journal and purging to see where I am

Coffee and meditations with the sounds of my girlfriend tinkering butch things in the background.

Waking from or going into an afternoon nap and listening her breathe, feeling her warm next to me brings a calmness from the rhythm.

Lynn 11-30-2009 08:25 PM

*The solitude and sounds of nature, especially the woods and mountains.
*The quiet of my house when everyone settles down to sleep.
*When my cats purr, especially the harmony of them purring together.
*When my daughters are home with me, safe.
*No matter what's going on, my sweetheart's embrace gives me peace.

kittygrrl 11-30-2009 08:35 PM

at the moment..

~a movie enjoyed with hym
~making sunday breakfasts at noon
~a lovely cooking magazine
~an erotic read
~a spanking (long overdue)
~chocolate cake:candle:

MrSunshine 11-30-2009 08:49 PM

Well, it comes in a while plastic bottle in the form of a small little pill :) ahhhh peace.

violaine 11-30-2009 10:25 PM

art- drawing and/or photography. gardening. research. guinea pigs. baking. writing. drive-thinking, and music.

FeminineAllure 11-30-2009 11:31 PM

Following my destiny.

Gemme 12-01-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violaine (Post 14543)
art- drawing and/or photography. gardening. research. guinea pigs. baking. writing. drive-thinking, and music.

All good things, except I'm not much of a gardener. I appreciate a good garden when I see one though.

:countpetal:

Diva 12-01-2009 09:59 PM

Sometimes if I become unnerved by something...or someone....I have learned to just stop. I stop and turn on the music. And I let the music be my blanket. I allow myself to become immersed in it and centered by it. Music is my greatest Peace Resource.....always has been.

weatherboi 12-01-2009 11:03 PM

Cooking brings me peace. It is an old standard for me. I also meditate and practice yoga. Fixing things brings me peace. I had to take apart my a/c compressor today and once I was done I felt refreshed.

kittygrrl 12-02-2009 12:53 AM

Deady

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadyboy (Post 14477)
Well, it comes in a while plastic bottle in the form of a small little pill :) ahhhh peace.

so curious, do you mean literally a little white pill or something else?

Gemme 12-02-2009 09:00 PM

I admit it; I eat my emotions. So, on the days when I realllllly need some peace, I will get it from food. That first couple of bites is HEAVEN.

On a side note, did anyone know that after the first couple of bites of a new food, your taste buds begin to fade and lose some of the flavor of the food?

Mitmo01 12-12-2009 07:16 PM

A warm bath always does it for me...some candles and myself floating in the hottest possible water my skin can take...it always relaxes me beyond belief

sometimes its a drink as well or even weed but when i want real relief its always in the form of some water