Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Question for everyone (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2058)

sweetbutch26 09-19-2010 02:41 PM

Question for everyone

I was wondering how many of you believe in soulmates. that there is that one special person for everyone out there. that there is someone everyone is MEANT to be with. i'm kind of on the fence. just wanted to get opinions from others please and ty :)

AtLast 09-19-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbutch26 (Post 194226)
I was wondering how many of you believe in soulmates. that there is that one special person for everyone out there. that there is someone everyone is MEANT to be with. i'm kind of on the fence. just wanted to get opinions from others please and ty :)

I do. However, I believe we can have more than one throughout life. Lovers do die and we might want to pursue a relationship after this.

Mister Bent 09-19-2010 02:52 PM

No.

Utter poppycock.

sweetbutch26 09-19-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Bent (Post 194232)
No.

Utter poppycock.

LoL makes me think of prince poppycock on america's got talent

sweetbutch26 09-19-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtLastHome (Post 194228)

I do. However, I believe we can have more than one throughout life. Lovers do die and we might want to pursue a relationship after this.

very true. i've always felt that there is more then one person. even if the wrong one comes into your life it happened for a reason

WolfyOne 09-19-2010 02:55 PM

I used to think that, but as I age I don't anymore
It would be like saying forever and nothing, I mean nothing lasts forever

sweetbutch26 09-19-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 194237)

yes i know. but i was wondering if that whole "everything happens for a reason" is true

Jet 09-19-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Bent (Post 194232)
No.

Utter poppycock.

touche'........

princessbelle 09-19-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtLastHome (Post 194228)

I agree with AT...I believe you can have more than one. It is beautiful when you find a soul mate and it is seeing the glass as half full to know you may have another.

EnderD_503 09-19-2010 03:36 PM

Nope, I don't believe in fate or soulmates. Of course, there are people in the world that a person will be most drawn to as far as interests, chemistry etc, but I don't see that as the result of fate/possessing a soulmate one was "meant" to be with.

sweetbutch26 09-19-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 194237)

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnderD_503 (Post 194263)
Nope, I don't believe in fate or soulmates. Of course, there are people in the world that a person will be most drawn to as far as interests, chemistry etc, but I don't see that as the result of fate/possessing a soulmate one was "meant" to be with.

ty end. i kind of agree with that. it is something i been reflecting on a lot lately. thank you for your answer :)

Tcountry 09-19-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbutch26 (Post 194239)
yes i know. but i was wondering if that whole "everything happens for a reason" is true

Everything for sure happens for a reason...people come in and out of our lives when we need them. Not when we "want" them...painful sometimes but so true!

WolfyOne 09-19-2010 05:38 PM

What it all comes down to is an old saying, a reason, a season or a lifetime
It has nothing to do with fate or soulmates
You can turn it around any way you want or need it to fit

Corkey 09-19-2010 05:52 PM

Is there someone for everyone, yes. Is it the right one for you, perhaps, but only you will know when it happens.
In the meantime, have fun and date, date a lot, date often.
Good luck.

Ebon 09-19-2010 05:55 PM

She will find you when you are her are both ready. In the meantime relax and have fun. She will come running with a 2X4 and bop you upside the head. You will know it is her.

sweetbutch26 09-19-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Organicbutch (Post 194328)
She will find you when you are her are both ready. In the meantime relax and have fun. She will come running with a 2X4 and bop you upside the head. You will know it is her.

i'll know she is the right one when i see stars if she bops me

Nawen 09-19-2010 05:59 PM

Nah.

Relationships are work* and believing in 'The One' would make me give up on anything that is 'less than' some imaginary perfection.
* not in a bad sense.

I do believe there are people we click with more than with others based on interest, views on life and similiar things... and those are the people that are worth working on the relationship with and making each of us the other person's soulmate.

For me it's tied with that 'I can't control your actions, I can only control my reactions to them' - it's not about the other person being this or that, it's about me viewing those qualities as good (or bad).

Hm, hope this made sense.

MaggieBluIze 09-19-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Organicbutch (Post 194328)

It really should not take that OB
(you have been pushing that in my head for a while my friend) ...
And yes, unfortunately,
that is sometimes what it takes to get you guys to look our way
(not even trying to push and ask for an approach, just a look and we can take over from there, if needed).
*thinking I need to seriously make a trip to Home Depot*
:kissy:

sweetbutch26 09-19-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nawen (Post 194331)
Nah.

Relationships are work* and believing in 'The One' would make me give up on anything that is 'less than' some imaginary perfection.
* not in a bad sense.

I do believe there are people we click with more than with others based on interest, views on life and similiar things... and those are the people that are worth working on the relationship with and making each of us the other person's soulmate.

For me it's tied with that 'I can't control your actions, I can only control my reactions to them' - it's not about the other person being this or that, it's about me viewing those qualities as good (or bad).

Hm, hope this made sense.

it did :p thank you much hun

sweetbutch26 09-19-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieBluIze (Post 194334)
It really should not take that OB
(you have been pushing that in my head for a while my friend) ...
And yes, unfortunately,
that is sometimes what it takes to get you guys to look our way
(not even trying to push and ask for an approach, just a look and we can take over from there, if needed).
*thinking I need to seriously make a trip to Home Depot*
:kissy:

LoL let me just grab my jacket and keys and i'm on my way :p