Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wanderlust: Where ya been, where are you going? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20)

Waldo 11-01-2009 05:48 PM

Wanderlust: Where ya been, where are you going?

I travel a lot. No really, a lot. Whenever I travel I love connecting with people I've gotten to know online. I thought this could be a thread for sharing travel dreams, stories and connecting those that hit the road on a regular basis.

IrishGrrl 11-01-2009 07:34 PM

I love to travel, especially to places I"ve never been before. I like to look up out of the way places, I'm not really into the touristy spots. Mostly, I enjoy places with alot of nature. The PNW is really awesome, and I look forward to exploring it alot more. So far, I've only been to Oregon a few times, once on a week long hiking trip. It was the most amazing place I'd ever been. Still is.

cara 11-01-2009 10:23 PM

You are all welcome to come visit me in Seattle! :) Lotsa b-f folx, but very fragmented.

I love to travel, too. I'm able to do a little more of it these days, but still need to be careful about $, etc.

So far, my favorite places to visit have been Veszprem, Hungary and Scotland (all of it!).

TTFN!

cara

Medusa 11-02-2009 10:57 AM

I have been all over the place too but I have never been to Ireland. Always wanted to go :)

Some of the most beautiful places I have ever been:
Savannah, Georgia
Montreal Canada
Princess Cays (tiny island off Grand Cayman)
Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Waldo 11-02-2009 01:40 PM

I'm sitting at SFO right now on my way home from Seoul and Tokyo. Tokyo is new to my list of favorite places:

Melbourne, Aus
The Yucatan, Mexico
London
Sedona, AZ
Northampton, MA

I'm thrilled to say I have only two more trips planned for the rest of the year. Seems like I've been on the road for months. Can't wait to sleep in my own bed.

Arwen 11-05-2009 11:27 PM

I like to travel. I haven't been to many exotic foreign spots but one day!

My last trip was to Waterproof, Louisiana and Natchez, Mississippi. It was a family gathering that involved a lot of laughter and drive-through liquor barns. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Andrew, Jr. 11-06-2009 03:35 AM

I used to enjoy traveling, but my health isn't as good as it used to be. But anyone coming to my part of town, please let me know. Maybe we can share a meal together and a stoagie & such. I love to talk and meet with my online community.

Please, just don't show up at my door without any calls or emails first, and jobless.
:eek:

Waldo 11-10-2009 05:55 PM

Even though I'm still jetlagged from the trip to Seoul and Tokyo I'm starting to look forward to the Mexican Beach Thanksgiving Extravaganza. But before that I am making a quick trip to Chicago to surprise my very best friend for her birthday.

I use Tripit to organize all my travel and I just took a look and it tells me that so far this year I've traveled to 28 cities in 7 countries. That *feels* low to me, but that's probably just the jetlag speaking.

Just_G 11-10-2009 06:05 PM

I have been on 6 cruises and love going to different destinations for the day in the carribean, but I have to say that my favorite place to travel is to Mexico. Give me a beach to sit on, an ocean to listen to and play in, and a cold cerveza! ;)

In the states, I love going to Texas.....Austin to see all the wierdos I know:eek:, and to Dallas to hang out with my Studs and Divas.:D

I love going anywhere there is a b/f community for me to hang out with and get to know.

Diva 11-10-2009 06:43 PM

I love, love, LOVE to travel!!!!!!
Two trips stand out in my mind right off the bat.....the time I got in the car ~ Fall 2007.....and just drove!

My original plan was to drive up to Michigan to see my daughter....but the month before, I met all of these amazing people, and I made many stops along the way and then on the way back home. I called it "Diva's Camp, Vame & Tramp Tour"..........I stopped in Little Rock, Nashville, Cincinatti, Columbus, Ann Arbor, Chicago, Minnesota, KC, then home.....it was 2 weeks of BLISS!!! Yes....I drove it alone....and I simply loved it.

The next trip that comes to mind was to Paris (that's Paris, France, Europe).... spending 4 days in the Louvre, walking along the Seine, breathing in the art of Montmarte and enjoying the wine...........magnificent!

I think I need another road~trip.....maybe in the spring.....

~Diva

Random 11-10-2009 07:08 PM

Travel..

I'm not a big fan of travel.. ummm.. I may like my routines a bit to much..

But when partnered with someone who loves the word ROADTRIP.. I'm attempting to losen the stick in my ass.. just a bit..

So.. on our agenda for the coming year..

Minniepolis,MI
Grand Junction, CO
Chicago, Il

and Austin.. quote * Weird people, good food, good beer, and great music.. We HAVE to go there!!* unquote...

Diva 11-10-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Cyn (Post 3069)
I'm not a big fan of travel.. ummm.. I may like my routines a bit to much..

But when partnered with someone who loves the word ROADTRIP.. I'm attempting to losen the stick in my ass.. just a bit..

So.. on our agenda for the coming year..

Minniepolis,MI
Grand Junction, CO
Chicago, Il

and Austin.. quote * Weird people, good food, good beer, and great music.. We HAVE to go there!!* unquote...

Oh HELL to the YEAH! ;)

Gemme 11-10-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwen (Post 1026)
I like to travel. I haven't been to many exotic foreign spots but one day!

My last trip was to Waterproof, Louisiana and Natchez, Mississippi. It was a family gathering that involved a lot of laughter and drive-through liquor barns. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

You went to my home state! It's slow as molasses in winter there but it's beautiful and HOME.

*sigh*

I love ARRIVING at places, new and old. I hate GETTING there. Airplanes...other passengers...cars on the road....rude people....blech.

But once I GET there, I'm good as gold. I've got my camera, some snacks, and a cc. What more does a girl need?

I'mOneToo 01-07-2010 10:27 PM

As Johnny says, "I've been everywhere, man"

From coast to coast and every state in between, to Canada and Mexico, all on my trusty white steed, which is looking like it's been "rode hard and put away wet". Haven't been to Hawaii though. When they build a bridge, I will go.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmFN9C9PVpg"]YouTube- Johnny Cash - I've Been Everywhere[/ame]

hippieflowergirl 01-12-2010 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waldo (Post 86)
I'm sitting at SFO right now on my way home from Seoul and Tokyo. Tokyo is new to my list of favorite places:

Melbourne, Aus
The Yucatan, Mexico
London
Sedona, AZ
Northampton, MA

I'm thrilled to say I have only two more trips planned for the rest of the year. Seems like I've been on the road for months. Can't wait to sleep in my own bed.

i love tokyo Waldo. go back during cherry blossom festival if you can. it kicks ass. did you go anywhere harajuku station? the kids there rock my world with their outside the box style. you can walk to meiji shrine from there also and there's a pedestrian bridge to the temple that's good for people watching.

my favorite places:

chaing mai thailand
guerneville california
missoula montana
sante fe new mexico
bozeman montana

on my list of places to go are:

montpelier vermont
newfoundland

little man 01-12-2010 08:49 AM

last year, i made road trips to

DC
Richmond, VA
Atlanta
Niagara Falls

this year, i'm hoping to get to

DC/Baltimore
Atlanta
Arkansas
Chicago

i mostly go to visit with people and to do pics. if i manage to get a motorcycle this year, i'm thinking i'll be able to afford roadtrips more easily. weekend trips are a good time, too, even if a little rushed.

oh, and as a side note: NYC is always always always on my "want to" list. i love that place!

Write14u 01-12-2010 02:05 PM

I love to travel, and right now, I'm shaking off the remnants of eight wonderful days in LA (including Newport Beach, Long Beach and Pasadena).

With my job, I've traveled all over the Southeast: Atlanta, Columbia, SC; Orlando, Tampa, Gainesville, Fla.; Fayetteville, Ark.; every corner of Alabama and Georgia; Oxford, Starkville, Biloxi, Miss.; New Orleans, Baton Rouge, La., Charlotte, NC.

Other places I've been and really liked include: San Francisco, Chico, Calif.; Phoenix and Tucson, Ariz.; Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas; St. Paul/Minneapolis (even though it was colder than all get out); NYC (a blast); DC, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts, Boston (love, love, love it), Oklahoma City.

I haven't traveled as much outside the U.S., although I want to. Places I've been are Toronto, which was awesome, and the Bahamas (cool because I got to scuba dive).

Places I still want to go to for more than a plane layover: Chicago, Denver.
I also want to travel abroad. I'd love to hit practically everywhere: London, Ireland, Spain, France, Australia. One of these days!

I've also had the pleasure of meeting a number of B-F people, including six-seven on my most recent trip. Very awesome!

Arwen 06-22-2011 10:10 AM

Just this past weekend I did a day trip to Oklahoma where I went to two parks--one state and one national. It was nice to see a part of the country that I really haven't ever experienced.

And I was with my honey. We had lunch here. It was a long wait but the burgers were quite tasty.

Novelafemme 06-22-2011 10:16 AM

i adore traveling and do have a few trips planned :) i have a work conference in long beach, ca next month...another potential work conference in amsterdam this fall and hopefully a little vacation with the family sometime in between :)