Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Beauty, Lifestyles (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Talk about your exercise experience today (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6401)

alexri 03-16-2013 03:05 PM

Shamrock 8K in Virginia Beach this morning; Shamrock Half Marathon tomorrow.

(Must not eat awesome caramel popcorn I bought for someone)

Gemme 03-16-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfembbw (Post 768401)
Volunteered at the school I work at today to do sports in the gym with some kids.

- volleyball

- hitting a balloon back and forth with an autistic child. This actually was great exercise. Running to keep a balloon from hitting the ground is surprisingly a lot of work!

- basketball, love basketball- it's great cardio

- ball girl whenever a kid wanted it- chasing balls for someone is great exercise and makes the kid feel like a celeb :)

I used to play balloon volleyball with someone and it really IS a good workout. :)

Today was GREAT even though I didn't get a lot of steps in.

I felt a bit sick to my stomach (<--not the great part) and went walking around the property. The sun was shining and the wind was blowing. Beautiful!

I cleaned a couple of metal boxes and got a happy little startle when I opened up the door to one and two lizards jumped at me. Well, not at me per say. More like up and to the side of me. I love the little guys! One was bigger, around 4 inches long, and the other was lil 'un around 2-2.5 inches long and they cracked me up. The longer/older one found a corner and just froze there, hoping I wouldn't see him but the little guy...he totally cracked me up because he ran from one side to the other and back and did that crazy, wiggle as he runs thing used to disorient attackers as to the lizard's exact location. Such a wiggly guy! Made my day.

No tails were lost and I still got my box cleaned.

:)

MissItalianDiva 03-16-2013 09:34 PM

Jogging and boxing class this morning...beach volleyball and random running on the beach this afternoon and now I am trying to decide if I have the energy left to hit the elliptical for an hour or so

Sun 03-16-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissItalianDiva (Post 768647)
Jogging and boxing class this morning...beach volleyball and random running on the beach this afternoon and now I am trying to decide if I have the energy left to hit the elliptical for an hour or so

I cant decide if reading this exhausts me or makes me energized ;)

Sounds like an awesome day.

MissItalianDiva 03-16-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun (Post 768649)
I cant decide if reading this exhausts me or makes me energized ;)

Sounds like an awesome day.

LOL you and me both. It was a fabulous day!

Sun 03-16-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexri (Post 768416)
Shamrock 8K in Virginia Beach this morning; Shamrock Half Marathon tomorrow.

(Must not eat awesome caramel popcorn I bought for someone)

Great job Alex. Been following you on Facebook. Still hoping that you get to my neck of the woods one of these days.

Rockinonahigh 03-16-2013 10:45 PM

I have been looking for parts to fix mu car that got backed into,busted out both rear lights plus put a huge dent and scratch on my bumber.I went to a couple of u-pull it yards but didnt find anything so I ended up getting two from ebay.I did find a power switch pad for the door that worked great so now I can set both side mirrors from the master switches so the u-pull it yard wasn't a total lost.Being the bunper is moulded rubber compound my so just took it off then poped out the dent then replaced the bumper....saved me a bunce of $$$.I had forgotten how trashy and hard to walk through those places could be.

nycfem 03-17-2013 03:21 PM

I did an hour on the elliptical, intensity level 25, while watching "Most shocking crimes committed while in the buff." Nuff said.

Then I did an hour of abs, yoga, weight lifting, and stretching.

The woman who I talked about it in my previous post who is always at the gym was there on the stair master as usual. She climbs at a very high intensity level such that it appears as if she's trudging in a Sisyphean way, her strong back slightly hunched over and her muscular arms clutching the sides and absorbing the weight of her efforts.

nycfem 03-23-2013 03:42 PM

IslandScout and I walked 3 miles in Central Park today. I wore my dinosaur costume which kept me warm and allowed me the fun that a scaly tail provides. We walked around the reservoir and watched the mallards strutting their stuff.

Ginger 03-23-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfembbw (Post 772193)
IslandScout and I walked 3 miles in Central Park today. I wore my dinosaur costume which kept me warm and allowed me the fun that a scaly tail provides. We walked around the reservoir and watched the mallards strutting their stuff.

Yes I took the little dinosaur for a walk today. She was very good, even when other dinosaurs passed us on the path (just kidding; she is the only dinosaur!).

It was a spectacular day. The reservoir was choppy and catching a lot of sun in its waves. There's a narrow spit that splits the water into halves, and a single file row of seagulls and ducks were perched on it. Every bit of the perimeter we walked was backdropped with Manhattan skyline. Little green shoots were coming up, around the bases of trees.

It was a great workout!

nycfem 03-24-2013 06:29 PM

Today I did what has been my go-to gym routine: an hour on the elliptical (intensity: 25) and then an hour of yoga, stretching, abs, and free weights. I was exercising next to a trainer and her trainee again. They were basically having a conversation about how much their boyfriends suck. Otherwise my time was very relaxing. Not many people are at the gym Sunday night, so no one tries to steal my equipment, and I have a lot of room to move in. Great work-out!

Gemme 03-24-2013 08:15 PM

I mopped 1.5 reeeeeeeally long corridors today plus cleaning out a couple small metal boxes.

It was quiet. Very windy. Sunshine. Minimal customer interaction. Maximum thinking about 'stuff' while I cleaned.

o222Good 03-25-2013 09:08 PM

Long story long...
My credit card was recently hijacked by someone in the UK! btw, Chase was great, they caught it right away and 2nd Day Aired me a new card. Got it the next day! So anyway, I brought the new card to my gym to update, and they said they had a new policy, no credit cards. They want my routing number and account number for my checking account. Well, I explained that I was a little skittish about that due to my credit card experience. I said at least a credit card is protected against theft, but if someone hacked into their system and emptied my checking account, it would be a disaster! They said sorry, no credit cards. How about cash? No, we don't take cash.

So... I quit the gym and used Craigslist to fill out and complete a home gym in my livingroom! I am really happy about it.

Today I worked abs, chest, back, biceps, and triceps.
End of story. :)

nycfem 03-25-2013 09:10 PM

Went to the gym for an hour today. 40 minutes elliptical and 20 minutes yoga. I love being on spring break! :)

kannon 03-25-2013 09:18 PM

I did my favorite exercises today - dumbbell presses, flies, and bicep curls.

Kelt 03-25-2013 09:27 PM

I am entering week 2 of being grounded.

I normally spend time every day Nordic walking in sand on my local beach. Once a year we have 'erosion control', which means a bunch of bulldozers and earth movers show up to redecorate. It lasts 2-3 weeks and the beach is closed while they do it, only open on the weekend when everybody and their mother-in-law shows up because they've been cooped up all week. I did get out over the weekend but it isn't the same. One more week to go.

*frustrated*

Kätzchen 03-26-2013 12:45 PM

Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous (we had beautiful weather), but another weather system has moved in to our area: Today it looks like it's going to be rather chilly and not in the lower 60s, like the weather forecast predicted.

Anyway, I felt achy this morning due to the abrupt change in weather, but I got up and worked out for about an hour on the trampoline and I'm getting ready to get some errands done in town this afternoon - I'll probably end up walking about 5 miles, altogether.

Later on this evening, I'll wind down my day with a gentle routine of yoga and meditate quietly with some soft music.

Enchantress 03-26-2013 02:08 PM

Rise and Shine

A lovely 2.5 mile, morning walk. Accompanied by rave music on the IPod. Truly energizing and delightful!

o222Good 03-27-2013 12:14 PM

I've been on vacation and for the last couple of days have gotten ten hours of sleep a night! It's true what they say, because I have lost four pounds! So, my exercise today so far has been... Sleep!

Kätzchen 03-27-2013 12:26 PM

ditto - o222Good!
Getting sleep does amazing things for the body & mind!

I've done nothing today, as far as exercise wise, except rise from 12 hours of sleep. I feel better today. Of course, I work today - so that means I will get a moderate amount of exercise (lots of walking).