Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   California Forums (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   SoCal (News, Events, etc.) (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85)

Mel C. 11-04-2009 10:33 PM

SoCal (News, Events, etc.)

Well, we know Southern California is a great place with lots of things to do, so here is a thread we can discuss local stuff (news, events, places to go, etc.).

Mel C. 11-04-2009 10:37 PM

ohhh...an event already...

A few people in San Diego are meeting up at Hooters next Tuesday for some delicious waaaangs...I will post details once I know them, but I know the SoCal folks have full dayplanners unless ya give em plenty of notice. Feel free to message me or post if you are interested in joining us

crack11974 11-05-2009 01:50 AM

It's a shame I work on Tuesdays!

Sirena 11-05-2009 03:22 AM

Hey SoCal peeeeps :)

GinaSofia 11-05-2009 11:12 AM

Hey!We're off Tuesdays and may be able to come down depending
on the time.

Mel C. 11-05-2009 11:31 AM

Tuesdays are all-you-can-eat waaaaangs (comes with fries) for $14 I think. It's an all-day special. I love me some Hooters waaaaaaannnnggggssss!!!!

GinaSofia 11-05-2009 12:04 PM

Yummmmmm,we get to cheat twice a month
on our veggie diet,this sounds like the perfect
excuse!

Mel C. 11-06-2009 08:21 PM

OK, so it looks like we are meeting at Hooters of Mission Valley Tuesday 11/10 at 6pm.

Although you can order from the regular menu, they have an all-you-can-eat waaaangs special

Let me know by Tuesday if you are attending so I can request a table.

GinaSofia 11-06-2009 11:23 PM

Awwww,man! We would normally be able to skip work the
following day or even just come in late but my boss' Hubby
is in ICU and doing very poorly. We're the only ones on the
overnight call list for now.
I really do wanna see you,Mel.Please keep me posted if anything
else pops up or if you guys head out this way.
Tell the Wifey I owe her a big one!

Mel C. 11-07-2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaSofia (Post 1469)
Awwww,man! We would normally be able to skip work the
following day or even just come in late but my boss' Hubby
is in ICU and doing very poorly. We're the only ones on the
overnight call list for now.
I really do wanna see you,Mel.Please keep me posted if anything
else pops up or if you guys head out this way.
Tell the Wifey I owe her a big one!

Sorry you guys can't make it....much more sorry to hear about your boss' hubby.

Now that we have butchfemmeplanet, I hope events are planned more frequently...throughout SoCal.

I'll tell the wifey...glad you saw the post.

Best Wishes

Tommi 11-08-2009 09:43 AM

Jumping in

Whooooosh...Hey Hey Hey..

Best wishes to you all from behind the Orange Curtain..:eek:

Southern Cal ..Orange Couny that is..
Wow, good to see you all

NikiNik 11-08-2009 05:01 PM

Let the party begin.... I have found my way over here!
(Imjustagyrl):p

Trishagee 11-08-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikiNik (Post 2085)
Let the party begin.... I have found my way over here!
(Imjustagyrl):p

pssst I am following you... now you have a Coffee Bean and a BFP stalker :D

TCB 11-10-2009 07:24 PM

I'm putting the word out to any Trans men or women who may be interested in speaking at the "Transgender day of remembrance" event on November 20th. The event will be held at a community college, most likely somewhere in or around Santa Ana.

I will be speaking at the event myself. EQCA, OCEC and Courage Campaign are looking for trans individuals who would like to participate.

However, we are also looking for all the support we can get and reach out to everyone to attend this event. There will be speakers, a moment of silence and a candle lit march. We will be remembering those Trans men and women we have lost due to hate crimes. All are welcome!

I will post more information about the time and location when it becomes available. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the contact details.

Thanks for reading!

Trishagee 11-11-2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCB (Post 3071)
I'm putting the word out to any Trans men or women who may be interested in speaking at the "Transgender day of remembrance" event on November 20th. The event will be held at a community college, most likely somewhere in or around Santa Ana.

I will be speaking at the event myself. EQCA, OCEC and Courage Campaign are looking for trans individuals who would like to participate.

However, we are also looking for all the support we can get and reach out to everyone to attend this event. There will be speakers, a moment of silence and a candle lit march. We will be remembering those Trans men and women we have lost due to hate crimes. All are welcome!

I will post more information about the time and location when it becomes available. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the contact details.

Thanks for reading!

Guessing I wouldn't qualify, but I sure would like more information so we can go support our friend!

tmbyfem 11-11-2009 01:57 AM

waving hello from San Diego :)

There's a new women's bar/restaurant in Hillcrest called Gossip Girl. Owned by the same group that owns Urban Mo's and Baja Betty's it's across the street from Baja Betty's on University with an interesting looking menu, outdoor patio seating and very creatively named cocktails i.e pussy juice (pineapple/orange juice, vodka and Sprite) !!

Anyone want to make plans for getting together sometime next week to check it out?

TCB 11-11-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trishagee (Post 3185)
Guessing I wouldn't qualify, but I sure would like more information so we can go support our friend!

Trish we would love to have your support! As soon as I get the exact location, I will be posting more info :)

Sweet_Pea 11-12-2009 02:41 PM

San Gabriel Valley Right hurrrrrrrr! I dont get out much though so I dont have no events to report. :(

Tommi 11-20-2009 03:40 PM

Transgender Day of Remembrance

At a cemetary in Nebraska lies a gravesite with the name Teena R. Brandon "Daughter, Sister, Friend" on the tombstone

Unforturnately the person in the grave is probably buried in a dress. To mom JoAnne she had a "daughter".

To the world this is his true identity as he would have wanted it:
His epitaph should read:
Brandon Teena
December 12, 1972--December 31, 1993
Brother, Son, Friend

We can only imagine him buried in men's clothes.....

Brandon Teena: - Brandon Teena was never his legal name, it is uncertain the extent to which this name was used prior to his death. He used it. It is the name most commonly used by the press and other media. Other names may include his legal name, as well as "Billy Brenson" and "Tena Ray" (December 12, 1972 - December 31, 1993), born Teena Renae Brandon in Lincoln, Nebraska, and known simply as Brandon, was a physiological female living as a transsexual man.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCfZHJsMxwc"]YouTube- The Brandon Teena Story[/ame]

Tommi 11-20-2009 03:52 PM

Transgender Day of Remembrance 11/20/09

Nov. 20, 2009

The Transgender Day of Remembrance was set aside to memorialize those who were killed due to anti-transgender hatred or prejudice. The event is held in November to honor Rita Hester, whose murder on November 28th, 1998 kicked off the “Remembering Our Dead” web project and a San Francisco candlelight vigil in 1999. Rita Hester’s murder — like most anti-transgender murder cases — has yet to be solved.

Although not every person represented during the Day of Remembrance self-identified as transgender — that is, as a transsexual, crossdresser, or otherwise gender-variant — each was a victim of violence based on bias against transgender people.

West Hollywood, California
Friday, November 20, 2009
6:00 PM
The event begins at Matthew Shepard Human Rights Triangle
(Santa Monica Blvd. at Crescent Heights)
where there will be an unveiling of the first Transgender Memorial Plaque,
commemorating those who have been murdered due to anti-transgender
violence and hatred.
For more information, please contact Karina Samala at 213-999-0456.
—–

Orange County, California
6:30pm - 8:00pm
The Center OC
1605 N Spurgeon St, Santa Ana, CA 92701
For more information, please contact Daniel Shad at daniel.shad@eqca.org
Or visit: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/e...1820885&ref=mf
—–
San Diego, California
Beginning at 6:00 PM