Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sweet Treats Exchange - 2012 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5878)

QueenofSmirks 10-20-2012 06:58 PM

Sweet Treats Exchange - 2012

Hi all! I would like to coordinate a sweet treat exchange. I did search for threads of this nature already, and I saw that there was a holiday cookie exchange last year. I don't want to encroach on that one, and this one is a little different, so I'm prepared that we may not get a lot of responses if people would rather continue with the other one. In any case, I'll put it out there and see what we get! :)

Here's how it works:

1. Each participant agrees to send 1/2 dozen (6) cookies or other sweet treats to 3 other people, for a total of 1 1/2 dozen (18).

2. Each participant will send me their mailing address which will go on a master list. Once the list is closed, I will split the list into groups of 4 and email each person their group list. Each person will mail their cookies/sweet treats to each of the other 3 people on their list, between December 1st - 31st, so everyone will receive 1 1/2 dozen cookies/sweet treats.

It's that simple :)

So... if you're interested, please email me at queenofsmirks@msn.com:
1. Your name and mailing address.

2. The cookie or sweet treat you intend on making. This doesn't need to be set in concrete - if you change your mind later, it's not a big deal :)

3. If you live in the U.S., please state whether or not you are willing to ship outside of the U.S.

I will be compiling the master list through November 20th, and will distribute it by November 30th.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

girl_dee 10-20-2012 07:08 PM

Shipping costs from Canada are too much for me :(

I want cookies !!!

QueenofSmirks 10-21-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun_dee (Post 680135)
Shipping costs from Canada are too much for me :(

I want cookies !!!

Can't you make something with Marshmallows? Then it won't cost much at all *grin* I'm kidding. But, really, no worries... I'm going to hook you up! :)

girl_dee 10-21-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks (Post 680576)

Can't you make something with Marshmallows? Then it won't cost much at all *grin* I'm kidding. But, really, no worries... I'm going to hook you up! :)

awwwwwwwww shucks! i would be glad so ship (photos of) cookies to anyone who sends me coookiessss

Martina 10-21-2012 09:37 PM

I hope this idea takes off.

I am interested --

Butterfinger cookies
molasses crinkles
mint brownies

cinnamongrrl 10-21-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martina (Post 681253)

I am interested --

Butterfinger cookies
molasses crinkles
mint brownies

I was so thinking of making molasses crinkles! I figure they travel well..... :)

QueenofSmirks 10-21-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martina (Post 681253)

I am interested --

Butterfinger cookies
molasses crinkles
mint brownies

Yummmmmmmmm

cinnamongrrl 10-22-2012 06:49 AM

I'm interested also. I do love to bake this time of year. I'd like to know what all people are making for goodies so I can balance it out with something not SO similar. Teddy has made a planner out of me!! :tea: <<<< for the goodies!

QueenofSmirks 10-22-2012 07:57 AM

In case my original post was too confusing about this... I wanted to clarify...

Each participant will send 6 cookies/treats to Person A, Person B, and Person C on their list. So, in total, each person will send 18 cookies, split between 3 recipients. Of course, if you want to send more, you can! I'm not going to penalize anyone LOL

QueenofSmirks 10-22-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 (Post 681421)
I'm interested also. I do love to bake this time of year. I'd like to know what all people are making for goodies so I can balance it out with something not SO similar. Teddy has made a planner out of me!! :tea: <<<< for the goodies!

I love to bake, but don't do it very often. This is the perfect excuse! Looking forward to it, even if there are only 4 of us. LOL

Heavenleahangel 10-22-2012 10:44 AM

Im in! I will be sending either carrot cake or red velvet cupcakes, possibly muffins! Don't worry, I have the little tins to mail them in. They have cream cheese icing and are really yummy!!!
Question: Lets say I get my 3 people, do I send an email asking if they like cupcakes or my muffins? How does this work? I am also willing to send to more than 3!

QueenofSmirks 10-22-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavenleahangel (Post 681575)
Im in! I will be sending either carrot cake or red velvet cupcakes, possibly muffins! Don't worry, I have the little tins to mail them in. They have cream cheese icing and are really yummy!!!
Question: Lets say I get my 3 people, do I send an email asking if they like cupcakes or my muffins? How does this work? I am also willing to send to more than 3!

Yummmyyyyy! I think its fine if you ask which they prefer :)

We are officially a "go!". Hopefully we'll get more participants to join. Please everyone, remember to email me at queenofsmirks@msn.com with your name and shipping address.

Thanks!

femmsational 10-22-2012 11:02 AM

I want to do this, but right now my brain won't untwist the directions....lol

So....we sign up and then QueenofSmirks assigns each of us, 3 people to send sweets too??

I'm having trouble figuring out how we know who we're sending to and how we're gonna make sure everyone gets sent to.

But then again, I've only had one cup of coffee and I took tylenol pm cause my head's hurting. That could explain my confusion. :seeingstars:

julie<-----who really wants in on this.

Okiebug61 10-22-2012 12:20 PM

I'll bake some cookies so add me on to the list.

Rook 10-22-2012 12:29 PM

-peeks-

Gonna add my name and stuff...
Gotta think of what I'll send....
I know merengue cookies are in there somewhere..
maybe coconut based cookies too..hmmm
I have to get the exact zip code, though..
So I'll be sendin' my address after I get outta the hospital...
promise.

thedivahrrrself 10-22-2012 12:42 PM

COOKIES!!!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Zv1Sz0yzxQ7TKQ

QueenofSmirks 10-22-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by femmsational (Post 681585)
I want to do this, but right now my brain won't untwist the directions....lol
So....we sign up and then QueenofSmirks assigns each of us, 3 people to send sweets too??
I'm having trouble figuring out how we know who we're sending to and how we're gonna make sure everyone gets sent to.
But then again, I've only had one cup of coffee and I took tylenol pm cause my head's hurting. That could explain my confusion. :seeingstars:

julie<-----who really wants in on this.

Hi femmsational! No worries! Here's what you need to do:

1. Please email me at queenofsmirks@msn.com by November 20:
-include your name and mailing address.
-include the type of cookie/sweet treat you'll be making
-state whether or not you are willing to ship outside the U.S. Nobody will have more than 1 non-US address on their list, if any.

2. You will receive a list from me by November 30th which will include your name and 3 other names with mailing addresses. This is your "group".

3. Send 6 cookies/treats to each person in your group between Dec. 1 and Dec. 30.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Tommi 10-22-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself (Post 681644)

Yes...reading with interest... :mohawk:

The_Lady_Snow 10-22-2012 02:34 PM

Ding!

Casa De Snow will participate:)

QueenofSmirks 10-22-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 681720)
Casa De Snow will participate:)

Yay! :)