Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Fan Tasered. What do you think? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1309)

Queerasfck 05-05-2010 10:00 AM

Fan Tasered. What do you think?

A 17 year old baseball fan ran on the field at the Phillies game on Monday night. He was brought down by a taser used by an off duty police officer. Do you support the use of tasers at sporting and other events to bring down unruly fans? What do you think about this? Here is the youtube link to view and the article about the incident.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhbG6CQSG7s"]YouTube- Police Use Taser Gun On Phillies Fan[/nomedia]

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5160692

Medusa 05-05-2010 10:02 AM

Um, NO.

I think that tasering a minor for being an asshat is complete overkill. Especially at a sporting event where running onto the field is a time-honored tradition for obnoxious daredevils everywhere.

Don't tase them, bro!

The_Lady_Snow 05-05-2010 10:05 AM

The sadist in me found it amusing.....:elefant:

Queerasfck 05-05-2010 10:13 AM

Besides the obvious reasons, it can be dangerous to be tasered, especially if you are under the influence as sometimes fans are. There have even been a few cases of deaths resulting from tasing.
A lot of security guards at games are not in shape to run around on the field to try to catch someone. But I think if there is no other way to stop someone make sure there are some signs clearly stating what will happen and if you're that stupid, silly or drunk to run on the field than you might get tased.
Also, I've seen this happen at a game. It's probably worse.

http://lebrownstown.com/wp-content/u...s-steelers.jpg

apretty 05-05-2010 10:15 AM

wow! that cop is a dick!

why not just shoot the kid? apparently you can use all kinds of force if you break a rule.

*dislike

Ms. Tabitha 05-05-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 99318)
The sadist in me found it amusing.....:elefant:

Oh yeah... same here!!

:cracked:

Sabine Gallais 05-05-2010 10:18 AM

Tase 'em all! Philadelphia fans have a long and storied past of idiocy.

Rockinonahigh 05-05-2010 10:19 AM

NO,its a bit of over kill in my book.As for the security being too fat to do the job without taseing someone,why do they not keep fit cause we know its a job that will require movement.Lately I have noticed a lot of police officers need a fitness program bad,some cant hardly get out of the cruiser much less run.

apretty 05-05-2010 10:22 AM

don't tase babies, please.

dissension: i'm shocked that ez wants to taser kids, while i voted 'never'.

i was all, 'omg! somebody voted yes! i would love to know who that is!' and he goes, 'i did!' and i refused to believe it until he walked me through the 'costs of tickets, the out of shape security guards, the disruption of a game' --and i still don't *care* at all, i still believe that no one should be tasered that isn't being *violent*.

i feel like i don't even know him... :tiger:

The_Lady_Snow 05-05-2010 10:25 AM

No one ever runs across the race track at NASCAR... I am kinda jealous...

I am not fond of the fanatic fans, what if one day some nutcase shoots or stabs a player. I mean come on you have to know at a game, any game there is going to be some sort of security fat or fit..

If you are gonna be silly enough to try it, do it but when the uniforms start chasing after ya, I learned in my younger years to just drop and raise your hands....

Ya never know when you are gonna get some trigger happy joe peabody do gooder, next time it won't be a tazer...

sad but true:soccer:

apretty 05-05-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh (Post 99329)
NO,its a bit of over kill in my book.As for the security being too fat to do the job without taseing someone,why do they not keep fit cause we know its a job that will require movement.Lately I have noticed a lot of police officers need a fitness program bad,some cant hardly get out of the cruiser much less run.

agreed, i'm glad that you don't want to tase children who misbehave/won't clean their plates. <3

Medusa 05-05-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apretty (Post 99332)

i was all, 'omg! somebody voted yes! i would love to know who that is!' and he goes, 'i did!' and i refused to believe it until he walked me through the 'costs of tickets, the out of shape security guards, the disruption of a game' --and i still don't *care* at all, i still believe that no one should be tasered that isn't being *violent*.

I was another "NO" and Jack needs to sit beside Ezee because she voted for a "Tase the shit out of them" button. :farmshotgun:

NJFemmie 05-05-2010 10:29 AM

I voted sometimes - because I do think it depends on the situation at hand - not so much the event. (We needed more options, man....)

Whether it's a "tradition" or not - no one is supposed to be on the field during a game except those that are supposed to be there.

No, I don't think it's cool to taser minors. But maybe if they realize that they CAN be tasered, it might deter them from being that much more obnoxious.

apretty 05-05-2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 99338)
I was another "NO" and Jack needs to sit beside Ezee because she voted for a "Tase the shit out of them" button. :farmshotgun:

i don't feel safe, not one bit. what if i (for the 2349500th time) forget to do the dishes?

i shouldn't have to lounge around the house in kevlar.

Queerasfck 05-05-2010 10:34 AM

And another thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by apretty (Post 99332)

Tas'em all, let God sort'em out. Maybe it's the Dirty Harry in me but let's just say I plunked down $$$$$ (lots of it) to go see my favorite team play. Why would I want some stranger to take away the SMALL AMOUNT of joy in my life by distrupting the flow of the game? Do you think I want to see some drunk fool running circles around some out of shape security guard at a sporting event? Maybe for a minute or two but it could go on a long time. I think getting smacked down might do them a world of good. Sober up genius! They have rules to keep you off the field for a reason! This is not Sea World where they warn you "you might get wet" in the front 10 rows!!!!! You might get seriously hurt if you run on the field. Maybe they should stop selling beer at games.......that might help. I'm there to watch the game not look at some knob, tool, jerk off putting on a show.
End rant.

Andrew, Jr. 05-05-2010 10:35 AM

The police here in Maryland are out of control with tasering. We hear on the news about how kids are tasered, and then later die from it. Then over the weekend we hear about the elderly, pregnant women, and the disabled being tasered. I think it is a new toy for the police to use. Forget using guns, go to the dept. store or online and buy a taser. Then you can buy yourself a job.

Phili fans do have a bad reputation. But there is no reason why a kid needed to be tasered.

Beer sales need to be limited at all games. I just see no reason why beer is sold repeatedly to a drunk. Then let that person drive? No.

apretty 05-05-2010 10:38 AM

revision: i'm pretty sure that ez attends games in *hopes* of a tasering.

i can't wait for babies, to see ez at little league with a taser.

SassyLeo 05-05-2010 10:42 AM

In general, I do not support overzealous Police Officers tasering or shooting anyone, but this just happened in Portland yesterday...

http://www.kptv.com/video/23460539/

I'd rather he be tasered than shot...

Rockinonahigh 05-05-2010 10:42 AM

apretty

Taseing kids is just plane wrong..Not long ago on our local news this subjet was brought up cause of violence at high schools..One kid pulls a knife on another and the war was on..how did he get pass the security check was he had a ceramic knife that didnt set the wand off.It took two big burley cops to tackle the kid,im siurprised they didnt do worse.What have kids beome cause I dont remember this kind of stuff untill the last recent years.

NJFemmie 05-05-2010 10:43 AM

I live pretty close to Philly - and I used to live in NY.
In New York, there were far and few between instances where you heard someone ran out on a field. Not to say they haven't, or won't - but in New York, the obnoxious behavior is saved for after the game, if you know what I mean. *wink wink shaking fist*

Philly fans are very obnoxious, yes. But, I'm sure they'll refer to it as "spirit".
I suppose it's subjective.