Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Are You Lonesome Tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1371)

cinderella 05-14-2010 07:54 PM

Are You Lonesome Tonight?

For those of us who are feeling lonesome...this is a comforting spot to come to, to talk about it, keep each other company, vent, rant, cry, or whatever will make you feel better. Poems, vids, quotes, are all welcome.

Please respect posters comments. What may seem silly or ridiculous to some, may be real pain for others. So step in here with a kind and understanding heart. Give strength and support to your brothers and sisters...try to walk a mile in their shoes. And, as many of our moms used to tell us...if you've nothing nice, good, or helpful to say, don't say anything at all.

chefhottie25 05-14-2010 09:37 PM

I am feeling a little lonesome tonight. I got out of work earlier than planned. My friends are out at local bars...but I am not feeling that scene. I am a chef and rarely get out of work before midnight. I was done at 9. So here I am on a friday night wearing my pajamas, eating taco bell, and cuddling with a bull dog. She seems content...so this will work for me too.

ocnlvrbutch 05-14-2010 09:41 PM

yep feel lonesome tonight. not sure what to do, except maybe sleep. what a way to spend a friday

Tommi 05-14-2010 09:51 PM

Yes, I'm lonesome tonight. Are you lonesome tonight,
Do you miss me tonight?
Are you sorry we drifted apart?
Does your memory stray to a brighter sunny day
When I kissed you and called you sweetheart?
Do the chairs in your parlor seem empty and bare?
Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there?
Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again?
Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?

I wonder if you're lonesome tonight
You know someone said that the worlds a stage
And each must play a part.
Fate had me playing in love you as my sweet heart.
Act one was when we met, I loved you at first glance
You read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue
Then came act two, you seemed to change and you acted strange
And why I'll never know.
Honey, you lied when you said you loved me
And I had no cause to doubt you.
But I'd rather go on hearing your lies
Than go on living without you.
Now the stage is bare and Im standing there
With emptiness all around
And if you wont come back to me
Then make them bring the curtain down.

:heartbeat:
Stage Right...he has left the building.:(

My girl is on the other side of the country, my best friend's cat died, another friend had foot surgery and I am walkin' her dog, and well , I am lonesome tonight.

cinderella 05-14-2010 09:51 PM

Checking back to see how the thread is doing...

ChefHottie and OcnLvr...believe me I know the feeling. You guys at least have friends and places to go, I don't. I've become a recluse of sorts. I occassionally talk on the phone with a couple of friends I've made on this site, but for the most part my phone never rings.

I live in a woodsy isolated place - the houses on either side of me are about 100ft away, and now with all the foliage in bloom, I can't see the houses. I've been in this house for almost 8 years, and barely know my neighbors. I'm not one to get too palsy-walsy with neighbors - I don't really care to socialize with straight folks whose mentality is homophobic. I have no friends or family here, so I feel quite isolated. Finances, and my fear of driving at night - I can't see too well in the dark - keep me from venturing too far. NYC & Philly are about equally distant - a 2-hour drive each way for me, and I don't really relish doing that.

My only company is you good people on this site, as I'm sure it is for many of us. So, I guess this thread for us to keep each other company and chat or whatever strikes our mood at the moment. YouTube is great company sometimes too, lol

cinderella 05-14-2010 09:55 PM

Tommi, thanks for the lyrics. Now I can print it out and sing along with Elvis! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommi (Post 106339)
Yes, I'm lonesome tonight. Are you lonesome tonight,
Do you miss me tonight?
Are you sorry we drifted apart?
Does your memory stray to a brighter sunny day
When I kissed you and called you sweetheart?
Do the chairs in your parlor seem empty and bare?
Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there?

I wonder if you're lonesome tonight
You know someone said that the worlds a stage
And each must play a part.
Fate had me playing in love you as my sweet heart.
Act one was when we met, I loved you at first glance
You read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue
Then came act two, you seemed to change and you acted strange
And why I'll never know.
Honey, you lied when you said you loved me
And I had no cause to doubt you.
But I'd rather go on hearing your lies
Than go on living without you.
Now the stage is bare and Im standing there
With emptiness all around
And if you wont come back to me
Then make them bring the curtain down.

:heartbeat:
Stage Right...he has left the building.:(

ocnlvrbutch 05-14-2010 09:56 PM

Cinderella, my life is alot like yours right now. Not alot of contact with anyone except for on here or with family. and right now i would prefer someone other then family :) .

Tommy that song speaks to where i am coming from at times. ty.

cinderella 05-14-2010 09:56 PM

Ocnlver, I've spent most of the day sleeping...the consequence of that is, I won't be able to sleep tonight and will prob be up 'til all hours. *groan*

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocnlvrbutch (Post 106335)
yep feel lonesome tonight. not sure what to do, except maybe sleep. what a way to spend a friday

cinderella 05-14-2010 09:58 PM

I'm sure it isn't quite as bad as mine, Ocnlver - you, at least have family...I too would rather be with someone - even family would do right now, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocnlvrbutch (Post 106344)
Cinderella, my life is alot like yours right now. Not alot of contact with anyone except for on here or with family. and right now i would prefer someone other then family :) .

Tommy that song speaks to where i am coming from at times. ty.

ocnlvrbutch 05-14-2010 10:00 PM

you can have mine for the weekend :)

Softhearted 05-14-2010 10:06 PM

I'm lonesome every night actually :(
And the funny thing is that I live in a city with at least 2 millions inhabitants...
Since I moved here 5 years ago, I haven't really made friends.
Cinderella, I can totally understand what you are feeling...

Here is a (((big hug for the lonesome hearts of BF Planet)))

cinderella 05-14-2010 10:13 PM

And here's a big ol' hug especially for you. Your handle suits you well, Softhearted. :)

Ok, folks, I have spent most of the day sleeping, but for whatever reason I am feeling tired, so I think I'll go to bed. I am very happy to see folks coming on this thread and interacting - even if it's because you're all lonesome. But remember what I said in my OP, we're all coming on here to bond and share our feelings. Goodnight my lonesome doves! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Softhearted (Post 106354)
And the funny thing is that I live in a city with at least 2 millions inhabitants...

Tommi 05-14-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Softhearted (Post 106354)

Backattcha:groupphoto:

*Magic_and_Silk* 05-15-2010 08:05 AM

Does it count if you are lonesome in the morning, too?

cinderella 05-15-2010 10:19 AM

It counts anytime of day, sweetie...but am glad for you that it's only in the morning...

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Magic_and_Silk* (Post 106538)
Does it count if you are lonesome in the morning, too?

*Magic_and_Silk* 05-15-2010 03:54 PM

Well, I was just checking. Actually, it is most of the time. But, I am learning to be okay with it....

Still, sometimes, it is just too much..... I wish it WAS just in the morning.

Tommi 05-15-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinderella (Post 106360)
And here's a big ol' hug especially for you. Your handle suits you well, Softhearted. :)

Ok, folks, I have spent most of the day sleeping, but for whatever reason I am feeling tired, so I think I'll go to bed. I am very happy to see folks coming on this thread and interacting - even if it's because you're all lonesome. But remember what I said in my OP, we're all coming on here to bond and share our feelings. Goodnight my lonesome doves! :)

G'night matey...opened window...poof http://www.medjugorjenews.org/images...ing-dove10.gif

I am going to a friend's house later to walk Ginkgo Baloba, her Sheba Ibu..or, better put, she walks me.
http://static.gotpetsonline.com/pict...a-inu-0009.jpg

cinderella 05-16-2010 12:37 PM

What a sweet-looking doggie - have fun on your walk. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommi (Post 106768)
G'night matey...opened window...poof http://www.medjugorjenews.org/images...ing-dove10.gif

I am going to a friend's house later to walk Ginkgo Baloba, her Sheba Ibu..or, better put, she walks me.
http://static.gotpetsonline.com/pict...a-inu-0009.jpg

JinxdGirl 08-01-2010 02:52 AM

I am. But, I'm getting used to it. I realize I've been lonesome most of my life, even when in a crowd of people. I live too much in my own head, maybe I should venture out sometime and check on the rest of the world.

Softhearted 10-19-2010 06:51 PM

I've been feeling lonesome lately. I miss having someone around with whom I can share, give and receive love...

:watereyes: