Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   The Tiger Woods Thing (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449)

Bob 12-02-2009 04:50 PM

The Tiger Woods Thing

Since all of the drama began last Friday morning, we here at TigerCast have been asked almost continuously from all corners of the internet, what our take on this whole thing is. As we, like you, are continuing to get new, sordid information on a daily basis, we felt it was irresponsible to make any sort of statement until the time was right and we felt we had enough information to make any such statement.

At this point, though, I think we know enough to be able to offer this, our feelings about all of this:

Though we have been making lots of jokes about this, along with everyone else, and are just as interested to see what happens next, we here at TigerCast have to say quite honestly that we are really, truly, very disappointed in all of this. Though Tiger's dominance on the golf course is legendary and will never be matched, what we really, truly liked about Tiger was that, even with all the fame and pressure and cash, he still seemed to be able to both maintain the focus on his professional career, but more than that, be a genuinely good guy. Even as it seemed every other high-profile, rich athlete eventually found himself in some sort of embarrassing shit, it seemed for so long that the HIGHEST profile, and the RICHEST athlete of them all managed to stay above it.

Probably naive on our part, but we so wanted to believe.

And now this. We feel a deep, dark, disappointed pit in our stomach every time we think about this. We will not go so far as to completely disown him after all these years, but our admiration has taken a huge, if not irreparable hit. It does not help that Tiger seems to have handled this entire situation as poorly as you could imagine, if he had any interest in coming through this looking like anything other than a slimy, lying pussy of a scumbag.

So we'll continue to joke. And we'll continue to hit refresh on deadspin and TMZ every five seconds looking for updates.

But we hurt. We hurt bad. We hope he turns it around somehow, un-pussies himself, gets out there and says yes, I've been a giant douche, I suck, please forgive me, because we probably still could.

But this sucks. That is our statement.

P.S. John Ziegler is still a bit of a giant prick.

suebee 12-02-2009 04:57 PM

Tiger posted a very humble apology on his website today. I looked for the story where I read this but couldn't find it again. He took full responsibility and said he hadn't lived up to his own values. He also asked to be left alone so that he could deal with this in private. If I find the story again I'll post a link.

SuperFemme 12-02-2009 04:58 PM

The same weekend Tiger Woods had his one man car crash and women started selling txt's to TMZ? David Hasselhoff got so drunk he had seizures and was admitted on a 5150 psych hold. While he was on the way to the hospital his ex-wife got busted for DUI and blew a .14 almost twice the legal limit.

Why is the press not screaming for the children to be taken away from these two losers instead of worry about which sand trap Tiger is sticking his five iron in?

Apocalipstic 12-02-2009 05:03 PM

I just don't think Tiger owes us anything.

I feel sad for him.

Rook 12-02-2009 05:13 PM

I think the answer's easy...
Whether they admit it or not, the Press adores sensationalism...
Let's put on a balance those stories....
A has-been who tries for a come-back with a uniquely talentless show getting so Drunk, he winds up hospitalized for 72 hrs [5150 is they hold u cuz you're a risk to yourself, and others, whether u like it or not, tight security measures to ensure u stay]....
Or....
A world-wide role-model, Bi-Racial Wealthy Sports Genius in a sport predominantly White, having a rather long affair, getting caught with his pants down in an accident, covering it and being a rather whiney petulant child in the process making matters worse for himself by being Non-Cooperative.....
hmmm

I can just feel the Ratings soar....
:movieguy:
{think along the lines of Kobe Bryant, R. Kelly, Michael Jordan "scandals".....Bill Clinton doesn't count}

SuperFemme 12-02-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rook (Post 15541)
A has-been who tries for a come-back with a uniquely talentless show getting so Drunk, he winds up hospitalized for 72 hrs [5150 is they hold u cuz you're a risk to yourself, and others, whether u like it or not, tight security measures to ensure u stay]....
Or....
A world-wide role-model, Bi-Racial Wealthy Sports Genius in a sport predominantly White, having a rather long affair, getting caught with his pants down in an accident, covering it and being a rather whiney petulant child in the process making matters worse for himself by being Non-Cooperative.....
hmmm

{think along the lines of Kobe Bryant, R. Kelly, Michael Jordan "scandals".....Bill Clinton doesn't count}

You forgot to mention that the has been is white.

Apocalipstic 12-02-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rook (Post 15541)
Or....
hmmm

At least the G/F was not under age!

apretty 12-02-2009 06:46 PM

admittedly i can laugh at the most inappropriate times--so, i did when i heard that woods' wife attacked him with one of his own golf clubs.

(and again i'm reminded that the master's tools can't dismantle the master's house)

apretty 12-02-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apretty (Post 15579)
admittedly i can laugh at the most inappropriate times--so, i did when i heard that woods' wife attacked him with one of his own golf clubs.

(and again i'm reminded that the master's tools can't dismantle the master's house)

--for example, it would be like smacking me with a vintage aluminum xmas tree. --which i can't find in town for under 250! 2 years ago they were under 50 dollars-- i would duck out of the way but, also try to catch and save the precious tree, especially if it had the spinning stand and rainbow/plastic light thingy--

Hudson 12-02-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apretty (Post 15583)
--for example, it would be like smacking me with a vintage aluminum xmas tree. --which i can't find in town for under 250! 2 years ago they were under 50 dollars-- i would duck out of the way but, also try to catch and save the precious tree, especially if it had the spinning stand and rainbow/plastic light thingy--

Like miiiiiine? Bwahaha.

NotAnAverageGuy 12-02-2009 08:36 PM

i hope she leaves him and takes half or more of what he has

Turino 12-02-2009 08:52 PM

She already got his rear window!!!

Actually, he is not so clean..the companies he attaches his name to are environmentally disasterous (chevron)...and a golf course built with slave labor in Dubai ... read here

He has no conscience regarding who he endorses and obviously that extended to his personal life.

More Tiger less Afganistan and Health Care..

but at least we get a break from the birthing teabaggers... :backdoorsex:

NotAnAverageGuy 12-02-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turino (Post 15682)
She already got his rear window!!!

Actually, he is not so clean..the companies he attaches his name to are environmentally disasterous (chevron)...and a golf course built with slave labor in Dubai ... read here

He has no conscience regarding who he endorses and obviously that extended to his personal life.

More Tiger less Afganistan and Health Care..

but at least we get a break from the birthing teabaggers... :backdoorsex:

Yes she did with his iron nonetheless

Take the kids and leave, sorry I have big issues with cheaters, celebrity or not

apretty 12-02-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben-Her (Post 15588)
Like miiiiiine? Bwahaha.

yes, i'll trade you for a :driedel:

Rook 12-03-2009 12:03 AM

I have huge unresolved issues regarding Cheaters, celebrity or not, I totally agree....
I discuss it in therapy...srsly.. *L*
They seem to think I got something wrong in me because I don't think or dwell about it, I find out I'm cheated on, clothes + belonging on the first time, Out [ think "the crying game"..Fish Bowl go Boom]...
I find out someone cheated on a Loved one? They might as well call themselves charles manson and embroider a big red A on their chest....
I won't acknowledge 'em...

NotAnAverageGuy 12-04-2009 10:12 PM

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/6751049.html

He has to pay his wife to stay with him HAHAHAHAHA

Vlasta 12-04-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apocalipstic (Post 15537)
I just don't think Tiger owes us anything.

I feel sad for him.

I completely agree with you J ..... I feel sad for him and his family . This it's not sensation , it's tragedy for all the people involved including his children .

Diva 12-04-2009 11:27 PM

I agree with both of you....

There is SO much pressure on them to be 'super human'....and they're just not.....

It is very sad.
And it is the children who will suffer the most.

MsDemeanor 12-04-2009 11:36 PM

Every time I get a CNN Breaking News email about this.....

Every time it appears as a headline.....

Every time one of my MSNBC fav's wastes time on this story....

I scream IT'S NOT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, the Chinese news animation story is too fucking funny..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i5FlC1MpkE&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- 【蘋果動新聞】伍茲深夜撞車 老婆破窗救夫 疑點重重[/ame]

There's a follow-up video floating around that they did of Tiger calling his girlfriend. I'll have to track that one down.

Just_G 12-05-2009 12:21 AM

LOL...Ah, gotta love quick wit...:huhlaugh:

Foooore!!! :golf: