Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   "Security Token Missing" Messages - READ THIS! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=567)

Admin 12-23-2009 01:22 PM

"Security Token Missing" Messages - READ THIS!

Hey Folks,

I just did a security patch on our site (Thanks to Linus for catching it!) and some of you may be getting messages saying you have a "security token" missing.

All you need to do is log out, dump your cookies, and log back in.

Sorry about the inconvenience there but it is imperative that we stay updated on our security patches to keep the evil hackers from busting our little bubble of perfection :)

Thank you all so much for your cooperation!

Dean Thoreau 12-23-2009 03:57 PM

ok, I am very impressed .....and that is not an easy thing to do...

:drummer:

WolfyOne 12-23-2009 09:56 PM

Each time I leave the site, I have to log in again and I didn't have to do that before. Does it have something to do with this security patch?

Selenay 12-23-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 25238)
Each time I leave the site, I have to log in again and I didn't have to do that before. Does it have something to do with this security patch?

What browser/OS are you using?

WolfyOne 12-23-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selenay (Post 25244)

What browser/OS are you using?

I use Firefox, but it never happened before. Oh and Vista.

Arwen 12-23-2009 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 25247)
I use Firefox, but it never happened before. Oh and Vista.

Firefox and XP here. Same thing on having to log back in. I don't mind it, but I will have to suppose it attached to the new security patch. :drool:

Medusa 12-23-2009 11:13 PM

Did you both dump your cookies?

Im not having the same issue, but then again, Im on a Mac and we all know that MACs are all-knowing and all-powerful!!

MWAAHHHAAAAHHHAAA!

Arwen 12-23-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 25263)

Im not having the same issue, but then again, Im on a Mac and we all know that MACs are all-knowing and all-powerful!!

MWAAHHHAAAAHHHAAA!

PC HATER!
MAC-IST!
BRAT!

Okay, off to dump my cookies.

Is this like tossing my cookies? 'Cause I haven't done that in a long time...rumors of my drunken behaviour notwithstanding.

Arwen 12-23-2009 11:23 PM

Cookies dumped.
Staying logged in.
Hate it when I have to say you were right.
You were right.
Staccato sentences fun.
May do more.

Admin 12-23-2009 11:25 PM

Yikes!

Apparently this continuous logout issue is a known issue with the security patch that we loaded. So now we are safe from attacks but you get to be annoyed for a bit if dumping your cookies doesnt work. :)

The security patch is indeed causing a session issue for some users. I want to assure you guys that I am keeping my eye out for a fix for this issue and will let you all know ASAP when we find out about this.

There are multiple users who use this forum software complaining about the issue so Im sure a (another!) patch will be forthcoming soon.

Thanks again for your patience.

WolfyOne 12-23-2009 11:28 PM

Tired as I am, I knew you said to dump cookies and forgot. Finding them to dump on Firefox is harder than on IE. As Arwen said......you were right, we were wrong, fixed it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Unndunn 12-24-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 25271)
Yikes!

Apparently this continuous logout issue is a known issue with the security patch that we loaded. So now we are safe from attacks but you get to be annoyed for a bit if dumping your cookies doesnt work. :)

I tossed my cookies instead of dumping them. Is there a patch for that?

Gemme 12-24-2009 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 25271)
Yikes!

The security patch is indeed causing a session issue for some users. I want to assure you guys that I am keeping my eye out for a fix for this issue and will let you all know ASAP when we find out about this.

There are multiple users who use this forum software complaining about the issue so Im sure a (another!) patch will be forthcoming soon.

Thanks again for your patience.

I haven't had this problem at all. I guess it's the benefit to playing...er, working on a shared computer. :hangloose:

atomiczombie 12-24-2009 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 25263)

MWAAHHHAAAAHHHAAA!

And they do dishes, mow the lawn, wash the windows......:D

o222Good 12-29-2009 11:53 PM

Why does 'dump your cookies' sound a little kinky?:flasher: