Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Posting YouTube Videos? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5925)

Girl_On_Fire 10-28-2012 08:07 PM

Posting YouTube Videos?

I'm having issues posting videos from YouTube. Do I wrap the YouTube code around a regular link or an embed link? I've tried both and neither works for me.

Thank you!

Linus 10-28-2012 08:17 PM

Just the ending. So if I was to post this video: youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0 I would post just the 9bZkp7q19f0 between the Youtube tags

Girl_On_Fire 10-29-2012 07:10 PM

Er...

I'm a right-brained visual person. Can somebody explain that a little more step-by-step? I'm sorry. I'm still confused. I appreciate the response though!

Linus 10-29-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire (Post 687563)
I'm a right-brained visual person. Can somebody explain that a little more step-by-step? I'm sorry. I'm still confused. I appreciate the response though!

Take a look again at my post. I forgot that we turn any URL into a link. Should make more sense now.

Angeltoes 10-29-2012 07:19 PM

I couldn't figure it out at first either.

Click the little YouTube icon and you'll have a double set of these
[YOUTUBE]
Go to your YouTube video and only take the video id # such as yXMU2qwCVag. Don't take the & or the word 'featured.' You just want the number.
Put it between the YouTube things (I know nothing about terminology) and then click preview. You should see your video.

Samurai Wanderer 10-30-2012 08:30 AM

It should look something like this:

PHP Code:

[YOUTUBE]yXMU2qwCVag[/YOUTUBE

You could also type it in, as with any other tags :)

KCBUTCH 01-30-2013 09:52 PM

HA this fricken explanation just rocked my world thank you everyone who took a part in putting it together so neatly

peachy 03-21-2013 04:47 AM

Ah just found the utube icon thanks. Why can't I watch videos and songs that other people post.

All I can see is a blank white square with a little tiny box in the top left - like the ones you see when the computer says about thumbnails. Any suggestions I would like to listen to some of the tunes that get posted?

Thanks pxo

JustBeingMe 03-21-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peachy (Post 770929)
Ah just found the utube icon thanks. Why can't I watch videos and songs that other people post.

All I can see is a blank white square with a little tiny box in the top left - like the ones you see when the computer says about thumbnails. Any suggestions I would like to listen to some of the tunes that get posted?

Thanks pxo

Its not your computer, sometimes the post doesn't take correctly when it is loaded on you tube. Or they didn't correctly put everything in between the youtube blocks. If you can't see it, usually no one else can either. Just make sure when you post that it doesn't lose anything or move anything around when you click between the youtube blocks.

peachy 03-22-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustBeingMe (Post 771160)
Its not your computer, sometimes the post doesn't take correctly when it is loaded on you tube. Or they didn't correctly put everything in between the youtube blocks. If you can't see it, usually no one else can either. Just make sure when you post that it doesn't lose anything or move anything around when you click between the youtube blocks.

Thanks I think it's my computer tho because it's most of the videos and images not just one or two. Also I noticed that videos that were previously viewable (on a different website) are not viewable any more to me - but someone using a different computer can see them...any more hints or tips muchly appreciated...