theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,879 Times in 2,477 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This is just yet another reason that I am becoming more and more reluctant to fly.

I have the issue of being trans and not having had bottom surgery. I also have 2 prosthetic titanium knees which always set the scanner and wand alarms off. I have to get wanded every single time and because I present as male, the person who wands me and pats me down is always a bio male. The 4 times I have flown anywhere, since I had top surgery and had my name and gender markers all changed, I was patted down by (bio)males who did run their hands over my crotch area. It was very uncomfortable for me and I did not choose to reveal my trans status at the time, either. I don't think I should have to reveal that since it's really a non-issue.

These full body scans are intrusive and humiliating enough, without being trans (and not having bottom surgery) and having disability issues going on at the same time. I avoid flying at all costs. I'd love to travel more than I do, but it's very difficult for me. Add to all this the fact that I'm a large/tall guy and have trouble fitting my legs in seats that afford very little leg room, much less a wide enough seat and, well, the entire ordeal turns out to be very unpleasant for me.

~Theo~