Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
I have spent much of yesterday and today reading and re-reading the "Men with boobs" thread, and the use of default butch pronouns is one of many themes involved in that discussion.

I'm going to attach a poll, but there is not a poll that can cover every person's experience, thoughts, etc. So, in addition to the poll, I'm going to put a more inclusive questionaire below.

What I would like to do is ask anybody who participates in this thread to first fill out and post the questionaire - before addressing another person's answers to the questionaire.

If a question definitely does not apply to you, please write "N/A"

The Butch Pronoun Questionaire

1. How do you identify? Plain ole Butch

2a. What is your preferred pronoun (when referencing yourself)? Any of the pronouns from she, her to hy and hym.

2b. Do you feel like your preferred pronoun fits you perfectly? yes

2c. Did you have another or other preferred pronouns in the past? No

3a. Does your preferred pronoun vary depending on setting? Yes

3b. If so, can you please explain why and how? Depends on where I am and what situation and who is around.

4. How important is it to you that people use your preferred pronoun? About 50-50

5a. If somebody refers to you by the pronoun, "he," and this is not your preferred pronoun, how do/would you feel? N/A

5b. How do/would you react? N/A

6a. If somebody refers to you by the pronoun, "she," and this is not your preferred pronoun, how do/would you feel? N/A

6b. How do/would you react? N/A

7a. If somebody refers to you by the pronoun, "hy," and this is not your preferred pronoun, how do/would you feel? N/A

7b. How do/would you react?N/A

8a. If somebody refers to you by the pronoun, "zie," and this is not your preferred pronoun, how do/would you feel? I would feel odd

8b. How do/would you react? Ask them to elaborate as I've never head this pronoun before

9a. When speaking of a specific butch, do you strive to ensure you are using that person's preferred pronoun? Yes

9b. If not, why not? N/A

9c. If not, what do you see as the possible effects for that butch and others in the community? N/A

10a. Do you associate different traits with different butch pronouns? No

10b. Do you feel that different pronouns clue you in about how a butch may look, think, feel, dress, act, talk, walk, fuck, bond? Yes

10c. Do you associate different ideologies, alliances or belief systems with different butch pronouns? No

11a. If you are referring to a butch, and you have not had the opportunity to find out what that person's preferred pronoun is, do you use a default pronoun? No I would ask

11b. If so, which pronoun do you use and why? N/a

11c. If not, what do you do instead? Ask them what their pronoun is

11d. Would you advocate a community-wide standard in this case? If so, what would it be and why?No

12a. If you are referring to a hypothetical butch, do you use a default pronoun? No

12b. If so, which pronoun do you use and why?N/A

12c. If not, what do you do instead? Ask them

12d. Would you advocate a community-wide standard in this case? If so, what would it be and why? No

13a. Do you tend to partner with butches who use a certain pronoun more often than others? No

13b. If so, what pronoun? n/A

13c. If so, can you share your thoughts about why this may be?N/A

14a. Are there times when you have been corrected for using an incorrect pronoun for a butch? yes

14b. If so, how did you feel about it and how did it influence you? I felt bad but learned a lesson from it

15. Do you have any other thoughts regarding the use of butch pronouns? ALWAYS ALWAYS ASK

16. If you could add a question to this questionaire, what would it be? Why do pronouns even matter?

BUMP BUMP BUMP

I answered but not in color!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote