View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 11:28 PM   #42
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,911 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Dinner was a disaster, sigh! I love to cook cabbage and other veggies along with tofu shirataki noodles and peanut butter, a favorite meal. Tonight I tried to experiment with a Korean hot pepper sauce (sauce was from the store). I think it was supposed to be an "add after" not during cooking sauce so clearly I fucked up there. But I think beyond that I am having a very hard time finding sauces besides peanut butter (which always works) that absorb traditionally "flavorless" foods. What can I use besides peanut butter that will work? Oh, and I always use as a base, low-sodium soy sauce, curry powder, and hot pepper flakes (a good combo for my taste). So yeah why do neutral veggies and tofu ONLY seem to absorb peanut butter? I love peanut butter but I'm getting sick of it!
You might try some sesame oil, (just a little goes a long way,) and nori, along with your usual base. You also might experiment with juice and zest to make a fruity sauce. Flavored oil, flavored tahini or hummus, might be additional things to explore.

Last edited by Liam; 03-29-2016 at 11:31 PM. Reason: more ideas
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post: