Old 11-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #22
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
Does anyone have a tried and tested recipe for sour dough? W/we have one recipe but it calls for adding a cup of flour and half a cup of water per day, which to me, seems rather a lot (I have visions of going in the kitchen and finding this great big dough monster coming at me like something out of a Hitchcock movie).

Anyone?

Back in the day when I was a stay~at~home Mom, I made bread all the time.....sour dough was one of them. What I did was to take out a portion of the starter, add 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 water....so the measurements You mentioned for flour was more than I used. (I found my old recipe for starter, etc.) And You stir it down, too, so that it "collapses" and doesn't take over a la Hitchcock movie!

I hope that helped.....happy baking! You're making me want to bake bread again!!!

~Diva

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote