Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,789 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning low carbers!

I have had a difficult time this week. I even bought a box of carb crackers for some crazy reason-maybe the prednisone I am on-and then ate about 15 of them till I threw them in the trash. Had to move on from that and get back on track.

The thing I love the most about low carb eating is, for me, no guilt eating. I still can't believe that I can have some real whipped cream on sugar-free jello and it is OK.

My last UA showed trace of ketones a (I don't have diabetes so it is not unsafe for me) and I was so happy because I do a rough count of net carbs, I do not count them perfectly. I am not losing weight but am not gaining either. I am working on mentally readying to be more serious about counting them.

I had gained about 20 lbs since the beginning of my relationship (she is a great cook) but wound up losing 28 lbs during my hospitalization and recovery. I don't want to gain it back again!

I just miss bread sometimes and none of the paleo/low carb breads I have tried were any good to me. There may be one out there that I don't have to make from scratch but I have not found one.

Anyway, back to recipes. I love waffles and have tried several recipes. The one I did this morning is very similar to the one I always made for my daughters as they grew up. It was from the original Joy of Cooking (I still have this cookbook) and the egg whites are folded separately into the mix so they come out light and fluffy.

The low carb waffles are worth the extra work. You see 5 eggs and think it will make a million waffles but it only made about 4 and a half. I will freeze the rest and heat up on a morning I can't face eggs again.

Happy eating and sorry for the length of this post. It is a true confessions kind of morning:

WAFFLES

PREP TIME
10 mins
COOK TIME
20 mins
TOTAL TIME
30 mins

Author: Libby
Recipe type: Breakfast; Snack; Lunch
Cuisine: Low carb; LCHF; Grain free; No sugars; Gluten free; Wheat free
Serves: 5

INGREDIENTS
5 eggs separated
4 tbs coconut flour
3-5 tbs granulated stevia, or sweetener of choice, to taste
1 tsp baking powder
1-2 tsp vanilla
3 tbs full fat milk (NOTE: I used heavy cream as I do not have or use milk now, worked perfectly)
125g/ 4.5 oz butter melted

INSTRUCTIONS
First bowl.
Whisk the egg whites until firm and form stiff peaks.
Second bowl
Mix the egg yolks, coconut flour, stevia, and baking powder.
Add the melted butter slowly, mixing to ensure it is a smooth consistency.
Add the milk and vanilla, mix well.
Gently fold spoons of the whisked egg whites into the yolk mixture. Try to keep as much of the air and fluffiness as possible.
Place enough of the waffle mixture into the warm waffle maker to make one waffle. Cook until golden.
Repeat until all the mixture has been used.

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/12/08/keto-waffles/

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner

Last edited by *Anya*; 05-21-2016 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Forgot something
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: