How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,797 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

This last one is a favorite go to of mine. I toss some extra veggies in, or have a salad with it. I've altered it only slightly by using nutritional yeast, and correcting a couple of spelling errors. There is a recipe on the same website for the homemade red pesto.

Quick Beef Ragù with "Zoodles"

Preparation time Hands­ on: 15 minutes
Overall:20 minutes
Nutritional values (per serving):
Total Carbs 8.3 grams
Fiber 2.6 grams
Net Carbs 5.7 grams
Protein 37.8 grams
Fat 51.1 grams
of which Saturated 18.9 grams
Energy 645 kcal
Magnesium 83 mg (20% RDA)
Potassium 1191 mg (60% EMR)
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (3.6%), protein (23.9%), fat (72.5%) // Net carbs without "zoodles":
1.5 g per serving

Ingredients (makes 4 servings):

Beef ragu:
beef, minced, grass­fed (800g / 1.8 lb / 28.2 oz)
¼ cup red pesto,
Shredded cheese, or nutritional yeast if you prefer
1 tbsp ghee, butter or coconut oil...garlic or herb infused for extra flavour
small bunch fresh parsley
½ tsp pink Himalayan salt or to taste

Serve with "zoodles":
4 medium zucchini (one per serving), sliced using a julienne peeler or vegetable spiralizer (800g /1.8 lb / 28.2 oz)

Instructions:
1. Place the meat in a sauce pan greased with ghee or coconut oil and cook until browned on all sides while stirring frequently. Keep some ghee for later.
2. Add red pesto and freshly chopped parsley and keep on low heat. When done take off the heat and
transfer into a bowl.
3. Meanwhile, using a spiralizer, create zucchini "noodles". Chop the soft core of the zucchini and add it
to the zoodles.
Note: If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a julienne peeler and peel the zucchini all around until you get to the soft centre.
4. Transfer the zoodles into the sauce pan greased with the remaining ghee. Cook briefly for 2 to ­5 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the meat and mix in well.
The exact time depends on how tender you prefer the zoodles to be. The less you cook them, the more "al dente" and the less soggy they will be. I prefer mine cooked very briefly for just about 2 minutes.

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/201...u-with-Zoodles
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: