Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,952 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
Thanks Linus for opening this thread!!!

I am intimately acquainted with the Gulf Coast. I have spent many a houseboat vacations putting up and down Cayo Costa seashore. I also have spent many September weekends diving for scallops in the Steinhatchee area of Florida. I gave a quick call to check in with the owners of the place I stay when I go scalloping. Now this is the Northern coast before the panhandle just along the south end of the curve of Florida panhandle. She told me they were already seeing birds and animal life coming in contact with oil. She said there will be no scalloping business for her this year. She was very upset. She was born and raised there. After getting off the phone with her I got pretty nervous calling the couple that owns the houseboat rental business I use when I go down there. They realized right away when this happened how it is going to ruin their business. I could hear her voice cracking when we talked about the animals and plant life that will be wiped out. I may not care for the politics of my state but I can say I have had a love affair with Floridas waterways and all they have to offer since i was a small child. I am sad over this!!!!
WB
We were recently there in the Panhandle and yes there were brids and sealife coming to shore via the tides, dead covered in oil. my heart breaks for our sea life and the businesses. It's also true business is going to suffer BIG TIME the shrimpers were venting at the local Marina and it wasn't pleasant to hear.
Someone needs to step up PDQ and take accountability. Let whomever necessary tell BIG MONEY how to CLEAN this mess up.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post: