Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,437 Times in 8,748 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Made this yesterday and it was really good. Made half the recipe.

I used dried herbs instead of fresh rosemary/thyme and I used fresh cilantro instead of parsley.

I threw in a few croutons and they were perfect—they added some crunch to the texture. Will certainly make this again.

Hard-Cooked Eggs in Tomato-Onion Sauce

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 onions, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 dried chilies, optional
3 sprigs thyme or rosemary
8 eggs
3 cups chopped tomatoes (canned are fine)
Salt and pepper
Chopped parsley leaves for garnish

Preparation:
Step 1:Put oil in a 10- or 12-inch skillet and turn heat to medium. A minute or 2 later, add onions, garlic, chilies if you're using them and herb. Cook, stirring, for a minute or 2, then cover pan and turn heat to medium-low. Cook until onions are very soft but not brown, 10 to 15 minutes.

Step 2:Meanwhile, put eggs in cold water to cover. Turn heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, then turn off heat and cover; set a timer for 9 minutes.

Step 3
: When onions are done, uncover and turn heat to medium-high. Add tomatoes, a pinch of salt and some pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture bubbles. Cook for about 5 more minutes.

Step 4
: When eggs are done, put them in a bowl of ice water, then place under cold running water until they feel cool, then peel. When tomato sauce is ready, add eggs to it; cook an additional 5 minutes or so. Taste and adjust seasoning, garnish and serve hot.

Last edited by Orema; 08-08-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: