Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
I'm out to God and everybody. I think for myself to do anything else would be to lie by omission. I understand people's reasons for choosing to remain closeted but I'm just simply not going to let any of that stuff rule me. I'd rather live only one day entirely free to be my true authentic self, than live a long life, in perfect health, surrounded by opulence and splendor in exchange for my silence - willingness to spend those years living closeted. Even if while closeted I could have the most attractive and sexually compatible woman on the planet to be my loyal, devoted, faithful friend and lover along with bags and bags and vaults full of money the answer is still no. Esse quam videri, this because to my way of thinking - It ain't worth a thing if it ain't got that zing.
I just need to point this out:

Sometimes, for some people, it is not to live in "opulence and splendor" to remain closeted; it is simply to survive.

You and I are very fortunate to be able to make that choice.

Not everyone gets to do that.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: