View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #17
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

I generally have used the person's screen name and that's either in real life because i dind't know their chosen name or real name they used, and online.
I identify as a Lesbian Butch Female ID,
I prefer that I am referred to as She but I don't get bent out of shape and make it an issue when someone uses an incorrect pronoun.
However, when I have supposedly used an incorrect pronoun because I speak correct English, I have been chastised and brow beat to death over the issue.
That's why I choose to use either their real name they use if I know it, or their screen name, in order to keep the peace so to speak.
I have some really good friends that are male ID'd but if I mispeak to them and say she instead of he, they don't make it an issue either. It's just not that important to them. They choose their battles, and pronouns is NOT one of them.

On the dash site, I did find in chat or threads, that the majority of butches were referred to as He or Hy, instead of what the actual majority is which is She on that site. I found quite a bit of in fighting with male ID'd butches over the issue of visibility for female/woman ID"d butches in the threads on that site as well. which I personally, from my ME space, find it repulsive to infight over such issues. I got sick of it. I no longer engage in such discussions anymore because you end up and and the thread is....

And that's just my ....