View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 12:41 AM   #352
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The people that advise stopping the insulin before meals are giving you good advise. Do you test before you take the before meals shot? I have found that if my bs is less than 100 before meals, I get low blood sugar if I inject. I usually inject 2 hours AFTER meals based on a sliding scale. Your doctor can give you a sliding scale, and I have also found them on-line. i've done it so long I just automatically know how much to take.

It is scary, and yes exhausting to have low blood sugar...multiple times a night would be awful. I'm wondering if you even need insulin? Since you are not taking the medication that causes high blood sugar, maybe medication would be enough? My wife got off metformin which never lowered her properly, and is taking a combo of Jardiance and glimiperide that has gotten her well within normal limits without all the stomach stuff associated with Metformin.

Definitely have many small meals, with hi-protein like nut butter or cheese...you need protein to keep your bs on an even level without the highs and lows. Being vegaterian can make it hard to get enough protein, try adding a handful of black beans or chickpeas to a dish to add a little. You can drain a can of chickpeas, coat them with a little cooking spray and your favorite spices, and roast them in the oven for a yummy crunchy protein filled snack.

Just a few thoughts...I'm glad you are seeing your doctor soon.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: