Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I'm typing from my blackberry
Until I get my computer back.

Question...

I am a contract designer looking to go full time. Since
I.M starting T now I want apply at And be accepted at companies with diversity policies. I'm thinking of submitting

My resume
Portfolio
Summary of experience
And....
A letter to HR addressing my transition under the company
Diversity policy.

Should I include the letter at the. onset of applying?

What bathroom do I use?

Etc.
Don't think that just because a company has a diversity policy, they actually *believe* what's IN the policy.

I have interviewed at NUMEROUS companies that have gender identity included in their diversity policies.

I've found, it doesn't matter what the companies' attorneys/HR people have written into their policies to make the company look good and to avoid lawsuits, if your interviewer is ignorant, you're still not going to get a job. And ignorant doesn't have to mean bigoted...when people are afraid of looking stupid or saying the wrong thing, they still won't hire you...no matter how liberal they *feel*.

Personally, I wouldn't say a word about trans issues until WELL into the interview process. If you're read as male at the interview, I wouldn't say a word until someone else brings it up.

But that's just me.

Dylan...would use the men's room
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote