Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation
Default 10 of Pentacles Pulled Pork

Here's a super-simple, guaranteed crowd-pleasing recipe that I have taken to office potlucks.

10 of Pentacles Pulled Pork

6 lb pork roast
2 onions, sliced, divided
1 onion, chopped
1 TBS chopped Garlic
10 of Pentacles (World Spirit Tarot)

10 of Pentacles (World Spirit Tarot)

1/2 C apple cider vinegar
1/2 C honey
1 C water
2 16 oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce

Slice up the two onions nice and thin. Spread one of them on the bottom of the crock pot. Put the pork roast in (I usually go for a shoulder roast) with the fat side up. This way the fat will run down and make your meat nice and tender.

Pour in vinegar and water. Then pour the honey over the top of the roast. Add the chopped garlic to the top of the roast. Put the other onion on top of the roast. You can add salt and pepper here if you like. I don’t.

Put the lid on the crockpot and turn it on low. For a 6 lb piece of meat, you want
10 of Pentacles (Sacred Rose Tarot)

10 of Pentacles (Sacred Rose Tarot)

to cook it at least 10-12 hours. This is reminiscent of the work you do to get to the 10 of Pentacles point in your life. You have to wait for the goodness that is pulled pork!

When the time is done, turn the heat off and walk away for at least an hour. This is for two reasons. One, you want it to cool a bit. Two, by letting it sit, you are letting the juice go back into the meat and it will be better for it.

Scrape the onions on the top to the side. Then pull the fat layer off and lay it to the side. If you have dogs or cats, they can have a SMALL piece each. I’m talking a 1-2″ square max unless you really really like a sick pet that you have to clean up after. EWWW ARWEN! This is a recipe for Gods’ sake. Sorry, but that had to be said.

slow_cookers_bbq_pulled_porkNow take two forks and start pulling. If you have never done this, you will get a kick out of how easy this is! Make sure you pull the bones out and throw them away (or save them to make a soup stock with since the marrow will be heavenly at this point.)

Once the meat is shredded, depending on your time, you can add the BBQ sauce. Then you want to turn that slow cooker back on low for another 4-6 hours. This will let that sauce soak in so deep. Mmmm!

Serve with hamburger buns, coleslaw and extra napkins!

ENJOY!

Full post at http://tarotbyarwen.com/blog/?p=1824
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote