View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #86
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,194 Times in 3,027 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I think CT and NY are getting the brunt of it now. We were downgraded last night so it's likely we'll only get up to 9 inches but the snow is now taking a backseat to the rain, which started about half an hour ago here.

The rain will freeze, encasing the snow in what amounts to an impenetrable resin force field and leave the entire ground and all the roadways a giant sheet of slick glass, which is difficult to deal with and is a major safety concern for both residential and commercial locations as well as emergency workers and transportation providers.

It's starting to get real, folks. Hang on to your short hairs.

ETA: My main plow guy is outside my window and I can hear his tires spinning. He might be stuck again.

That's not good.

Wow, none of that sounds good.

My daughter is taking a shift shoveling which is quite helpful.
Wind is picking up. I can usually see our main road from upstairs in my big bedroom window and was trying to see out there because there were all kinds of emergency sirens going off but I can't see anything past a few feet.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: