View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #22
Emmy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Emmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST Reputation

I’d like to point out that answering the question of what attracts one to a specific group - whether it be men or women, in general, FTMs, MTFs, butches, femmes, etc., etc.* - would seem to require an appeal to stereotype. How else could the question be answered? And I can certainly see how, when that stereotype is articulated, it could be hurtful or offensive.

So what are we to make of that? Does it mean that all those who are not entirely pansexual trade in stereotypes, are worthy of blame? I’m honestly not sure how to work this problem out, exactly, but I do want to point out that it’s not specific to those who are attracted to FTMs…

Thanks very much!

-Emily

*Note: I am not implying here that these id’s are mutually exclusive- clearly they are not.
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Emmy For This Useful Post: