Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
First you say this:

And then you say this:

So, you are in fact saying it's okay for YOU to make sweeping generalizations about women/femmes/female-ids, but it's not okay for them to make them about you.

And by the way, this whole going on and on is exactly the sort of feminine 'processing' you appear to decry and reject in your first comment.
I'm wondering if you've missed part of this conversation, because some of the posts from the original thread are missing.

I don't see where, from your examples, I've made any sweeping generalizations about all women/femmes/female-IDs. In the quotes you've pulled, I'm talking to a specific group of people who made comments regarding 'two-spiritedness', 'sensitivity', 'talking about things (i.e. processing)', and a few other stereotypes and 'stereotypically feminine/womanly' notions re: emotions and so on.

The context of my posts obviously did not transfer with The Great Thread Move of SomeMondayInMay, 2010. One is missing a lot by not reading the thread from which this thread spawned.

D

Last edited by UofMfan; 05-24-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Moderating.
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote