View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #11
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,588 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
I have solid plans to build a tiny house this summer. I have chosen a barn style structure, with french doors rather than a barn door. 16*20 ft with a loft master bed room. I plan to be as much off grid as possible, but completely off utilites.
In the past, I have owned large homes, at one point a 6 bedroom 3 bathroom bunglow home, with 2.5 car garage, next was a 1800 sq ft 4 bedroom house with 3 bathrooms.. now my 2 kids are grown, and out of home and I just cant justify the wasted money and space anymore.
There are a few things that I found in common with each of these homes, huge bills to heat, huge electric bills as every light in the house seemed to be left on, way to much time spent cleaning floors walls baseboards toilets windows... and I would live in the haven of my bedroom aka office aka games room with attached bath.. I was always working insane hours to pay for this life yet i was house poor and unable to free up funds to do the things that make me happy, like travelling the world visiting with all you fine folk, doing things that matter most to me in 3rd world countries.
Good for YOU! Owning a big house drains not only ones purse string but also one's free time IMHO at least
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: