Old 06-22-2017, 07:05 PM   #621
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicStone View Post
Please forgive my ignorance on the subject of hormone therapy, but I fail to see how testosterone in and of itself would give someone an unfair advantage. I am old and there was no girls wrestling team when I went to high school, but if there were at 5' 11" and 180 lbs I could have easily beaten most girls and boys in my weight class, as I had a very muscular upper torso ,without testosterone therapy.
Greco Roman wrestling is more about upper body strength and center of gravity. (I am assuming that anyone wrestling is being aggressive, it is not a passive sport.)
Please enlighten me as to how the testosterone gave an advantage.

That being said I do believe that transgendered youth should be participating on the teams of their gender identity, not the gender on their birth certificates.
The issue isn't whether or not some girls can beat some boys. Of course, they can, and do...in all sports.

However, natal men's bodies have more testosterone than natal women's bodies. All things being equal, they are naturally stronger (testosterone is responsible for the increase in muscle mass men have).

There is no difference between a female bodied person on testosterone and a male bodied person who produces their own testosterone. The levels of testosterone in the natal male and in the trans male, are the same. The amount of testosterone prescribed to a trans man is the amount that will mimic the same testosterone levels of natal males of the same age.

P.S. Please consider not using the term "transgendered". People are transgender, they are not "transgendered".

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: