Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis View Post
I feel absolutely no animosity toward butches of any ID. I feel like all masculine ID's here, female ID, male ID, butch woman, TG, etc all have the right to be exactly who they want without being questioned about it... just as I do.

If I'm not mistaken that's what the community is about right? My questions are:

-As a butch of whatever ID, do you feel animosity towards (entire groups) of other butch IDs?

-Do you see yourself or ID as being at "war" with another ID?

-Do you see any group of masculine ID's having an agenda to attack another group?

That said I often see when (insert any butch ID) speaks about themselves or issues with what-ever it sometimes taken as an affront to others ID. Often by people who don't even ID as either in question.

That is a problem I do see often, is this the reason for the perception of a ID war"?

Serious sometimes I feel stupid because I'm not seeing it, and I'm not feeling invisible to, attacked or dismissed by any other group of masculine ID folks.

Thanks,
Metro
This 'war' and 'battle' has been being waged for a long ass time.

It was waged during the 70s with transphobic rhetoric from Janice Raymond and her ilk

It was waged during Stonewall when transpeople were erased from the history and the entirety of the uprising was co opted

It was waged when Brandon Teena was co opted and his trans ID was erased

It was waged when "The Well Of Loneliness" was co opted

It was waged at MichFest when trans people were barred from attending

It was/is waged when transpeople are completely erased and dismissed from b-f history, and we're told it's "A Women's History"

It was/is waged when Sylvia Rivera is completely dismissed, ignored, co opted, and called gay/lesbian

It is waged when there are certain expectation put on Other IDs than woman about how those IDs are 'expected' to act.

It is waged when Queer IDs are told, "It makes me uncomfortable when you celebrate your ID"

It is waged when certain IDs won't/don't give credence and space to other IDs

It is waged when one ID is told 'This is how you need to act"

It is waged when all of b-f history is looked at through one lens, and that lens is expected to be The One And Only Lens

It's waged every time someone claims this site is a 'primarily women/lesbian site'...because it's not, and that's not an INclusive statement.

It's waged every time someone makes the assumption that Queer act this way or that

It's waged every time someone makes the assumption that Queer means women loving women or men loving men

It's waged every time someone ONLY thinks in binary terms (as exemplified above)

It's waged every time someone thinks Their Way is The Only Way

And it happens every.single.day on this site, just like it did on the other site. It didn't start out that way, but it's happening again.

You want posts from this site stating Male Ids aren't welcome and aren't supposed to be here, Met? Why would anyone post them all? The complaints aren't taken seriously when the post happens, so why would anyone think 'it would be made apparent' posting them all a second time? I mean, no one even acknowledged SuperFemme's post this time around. Not even you who asked for the posts to be dredged up.

According to the Admin, this site is not only a place to 'accept and tolerate' male and other ID's, but for those IDs to be honored. Yet, even trying to discuss (not even 'honor') those IDs is seen as an attack on women, and people are then expected to answer, "I'm curious why you don't ID as woman". I can't even imagine if someone started a thread about 'honoring' male. There'd be an uproar. Even asking for another ID to be RECOGNIZED and not lumped into the 'woman' category has resulted in a hijacking of another thread...so, 'honor'...unlikely.

Dylan

P.S. not all femmes ID as 'woman'
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post: