Old 05-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #26
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,941 Times in 4,707 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis View Post
I feel absolutely no animosity toward butches of any ID. I feel like all masculine ID's here, female ID, male ID, butch woman, TG, etc all have the right to be exactly who they want without being questioned about it... just as I do.

If I'm not mistaken that's what the community is about right? My questions are:

-As a butch of whatever ID, do you feel animosity towards (entire groups) of other butch IDs?

No.

-Do you see yourself or ID as being at "war" with another ID?

No.

-Do you see any group of masculine ID's having an agenda to attack another group?

No.

Thanks,
Metro
As Medusa said, gloves off:

What I do see, and this is a a member of this site, not a moderator, is the same individuals most always having this heated discussion. Most always these same individuals come across as being aggressive in their delivery therefore shutting down any possibility of real discussion.

I also see a lot of misogynistic attitudes, and even though this is an all inclusive queer site, let's try to let the crude and crass behavior at the door; as a woman I don't expect to come in here and have to deal with that shit too.

As a minority we have all been oppressed so I don't get why we have to get into pissing contests about who has been oppressed the most. We all have sad stories and we have all been discriminated. Let's get over our victim horses and start listening and talking to each other like we care, really care about what each has to say, and at least be willing to admit that there is no one way for anything. We are all unique.

Whenever I see these threads/convos I avoid them, not because I can't speak my mind, but rather because I am tired of the same patterns that are predictable to develop within those threads. I don't see any of these individuals actually willing to engage in a discussion that may open their minds to different perspectives. I do see them come into the thread/convo with their own personal agenda and aggressiveness and try to stick their all mighty opinion down other people's throats.

It is tiresome so I don't participate. I agree with Met that this attitude at times gets grouped into a particular ID and the sins of the few get lumped into the ID of the many. This goes for all IDs not just one.

We are a community, let's start behaving like one. We get plenty of shit from people outside our community to have to come in here and also get it.

We are diverse we will disagree but let's do it in a civil manner.

UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post: