Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Just cut & pasted and put my answers in my usual font/color- been thinking about the actual questions you pose for a bit, now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis View Post
I feel absolutely no animosity toward butches of any ID. I feel like all masculine ID's here, female ID, male ID, butch woman, TG, etc all have the right to be exactly who they want without being questioned about it... just as I do.

If I'm not mistaken that's what the community is about right? My questions are:

-As a butch of whatever ID, do you feel animosity towards (entire groups) of other butch IDs?

No

-Do you see yourself or ID as being at "war" with another ID?

Sometimes it feels this way (which does not make it true). But, as I really think about it, this happened on the old site more often. Also, I believe it isn't a group thing at all. It was more of an individual conflict. Yet, I have to take responsibility for my own behavior and posting style in responding to an individual. I also think at times, taking things too personally causes rifts.

-Do you see any group of masculine ID's having an agenda to attack another group?

No

That said I often see when (every single identification of butch on the Planet) speaks about themselves or issues with what-ever it sometimes is an affront to others ID. Often by people who don't even ID as either in question.

I don't always see this as intentional, however. You know, a lot of things get misinterpreted in threads. Why we all don't just ask for clarification more often, is puzzling. There has been more than one time that when I have re-read one of my posts that someone has taken issue with, I see exactly where my wording could have led to their taking it wrong- around gender, this gets really sensitive!

That is a problem I do see often, is this the reason for the perception of a ID war"?

Miscommunication, defensive postering (by all), and just not getting clarification are some reasons for this perception, I think. Also, individual feuds! I have done this myself in the past. It is not an effective way to discuss anything! I had to settle my stubborn (and opinionated) self down about this and now I feel like I am getting and giving a lot more to this on-line community.

Seriously sometimes I feel stupid because I'm not seeing it, and I'm not feeling invisible to, attacked or dismissed by any other group of masculine ID folks.

Thanks,
Metro

[COLOR="navy"]A PS- There have been statements throughout my time on both sites in which I have felt my ID to attacked and even dismissed. However, that has usually been some idiotic statement without forethought, it happens. I can't take that and plop it on an entire group.

I have witnessed some dissing of ID groups (again, all of them) outside of the websites. Makes me mad and I say so! I hate it when someone does the 'ole cover their mouth gesture and says .. I'd never say this on the site, but.....[/
COLOR]

Last edited by AtLast; 05-28-2010 at 12:21 AM. Reason: goofed up
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: