apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation
Default fem/me

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
You are to only speak about yourself and what you are. You are not permitted to frame your Femmeness in what you are not.
i love your mind, i want to lick it.

so, i've stayed away from this thread because it's nearly impossible for me to put into exact words what my femme is but i feel i must try and know it won't be perfect. she is hard to pin down as she side-steps being tied to just one thing.

fem/me

i'm competitive, sensitive and simultaneously obnoxious and completely surprised when i've hurt someone's feelings and taken aback when criticized because i often think i am above reproach.

i'm protective, loving, giving, maternal and territorial.

i'm evasive and persistent, i push for sheer practice.

i'm my dad's daughter, self-made with a rather large safety net and my mother's daughter, torn up and ripped apart before she was even old enough to drive.

i'm a lovely aunt, parading and pretending that the blonde-haired and blue-eyed beauty is my own, generous with gifts and rule-bending to a fault.

now i am 36 and i want my own daughter for many reasons including experiencing a mother-daughter relationship that i've never known. i frequently push away these feelings, hoping that they'll go away but i've made a promise to explore them for the next few weeks. i'm my harshest critic--motherhood scares me.

i've been femme since birth, most likely--without the words for why it was
so fucking important that i wear a little powder on my nose in 6th grade, and secretly shaving my legs and checking the mirror--hoping no one would see because my pending womanhood and vanity threatened my mother in ways she couldn't explain.

i went through my one and only (painful) *tomboy* period in 4th grade--i have a picture of myself someplace in the school spelling bee i have short hair and i'm wearing levis and a black member's only jacket zipped up--for years i hated that picture because it reminds me of being pulled in so many different directions, of not having anyone to talk to about body stuff or anything else... but i now recognize the ever-present jacket was my armor against the world--the same thing that red rubywoo mac lipstick does for the femme i am, today.

and as much as i want to be his bottom bitch in our private lives, my politics are my ever-present guide--i will always align myself with what i believe to be truth and justice and i'm firmly positioned under a large umbrella of militant feminism. (especially if i'm wearing short-shorts and swinging a parasol.)

i see art in things like a broken stiletto heel, an anal plug, muscle cars, diners, yellow legal pads, fat women, chicks with knives, fierce femmes, a broken heart, a good argument, foucault.

i'm a lady, i'm a tramp, i come on strong--just until it's time to pay up or shut up. yeah, i talk big --and always have an exit strategy.

i'm competent, hardcore, slutty and refined, at my discretion (i have perfect manners, my austrian grandmother and would have accepted nothing less).

i hold my Femme close to my heart, and i make this shit look easy.

apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post: