View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 01:34 PM   #195
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I’m definitely not yours.

Thanked 32,100 Times in 9,994 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Oh, my gosh, Katz! For them to make that decision, something pretty bad must have happened. I hope they get it all worked out for you soon.

I have my grievances as well, but it's petty stuff, like having to wait in line yesterday for over half an hour while 2 clerks worked their way through 10-12 people. One guy held up one clerk for most of that time just by himself! He came in with a ton of certified letters to process and that is very time consuming.

All in all, I can say that the post office closest to me is pretty awesome. They just had one lady retire so they are shorthanded at the busiest time of the year and one lady has needed carpel tunnel surgery for years now but she can never seem to get the time off necessary to get it done and heal properly. They are a good crew. I wish everyone had the kind of team that I have in my area.

Speaking of the post office, today is the last day to get a standard priority package out internationally by the holiday.

I sent a photo of the damaged mail boxes to my doctor after I learned from USPS, that they suspended service to our apt community.....unfortunately, the only person at my neighborhood post office who knew me personally? She delivered our mail on our route for over 30+ years. She was hired by USPS when she was in her early 20's. She retired this past July. She retired quietly I imagine because other postal employees at our neighborhood post office might have been challenging to work with. Also, just before I learned she was retiring, she told me that she was retiring before Republican agenda in Washington further erodes the US Postal service retirement pensions.

Homoe is correct! As far as I know, due to two personal friends who are USPS employees, individuals retiring in mass?? THE USPS is not expanding new hiring for full time employment or benefits, like retirees were given. So, I'm guessing that it's hard to find people who will work for peanuts, compared to rich pensions USPS retirees receive under grandfathered policy mandates.

In other related news :

I once posted in the book club forum thread about reading a book I found last winter at the nursing home, of all places. It's about the billionaire genius (and sexual predator ) King Larry.....Which is an documented account of how Larry made his fortune in mail and document delivery during the FAA and pre-USPS years were dominating the delivery and logistics market, long before UPS & FEDEX were on the scene . In fact, it's because of Larry challenging every FAA law on the books that opened up service to countries that USPS had difficulty in providing timely service.

I highly recommend reading this book. It's an tragic portrait of an person who worked around the clock and used drugs and women to mask his serious behavioral disorders. It also is an eye opening account of how people in government agencies will keep an lid on their own ability to subvert policy and law for their own personal gain (aka, the private sector ploy).

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: