Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Melissa;119861]Justjo - A lot of what I said is tongue- in- cheek. I don't think any of these words/IDs can fully express who we are in terms of biology, gender and sexuality.

If I had to pick one, it would be lesbian. Nothing else. Even partnered to a transman I still think of myself as a lesbian. In fact, I laughingly said to Rufusboi, you will be a transman married to a lesbian.

I am really wondering why we have all these gender IDs and what purpose they serve for us as individuals or as a larger community? We seem to argue about them more than anything else and we do not have one way of defining any of them. So you would negate all other gender labels but transman and lesbian? I mean if you are happy in your ID, why not give everyone who isn't lesbian or transman their due. As long as you are happy right?

Rufusboi picked transman after a lot of thought about how T will change him physically, how he thinks of himself in terms of gender, and also how he defines the terms male and FTM. Other people on this site define transman, male, and FTM totally differently than he does. I actually think he could easily adopt any of these terms to represent who he will be on T. He does not, he has a more set way of viewing and defining these terms. So my post above is more about how really effective are these terms?

Melissa [the anti-stepford wife]

The reason we have all these gender labels is because this is how this community see themselves. Each and every one of them need to be honored.
Corkey, the one who will honor everyone's ID even if he blows a gaskit.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: