Old 06-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #40
kassykit

How Do You Identify?:
Just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her,
Relationship Status:
Single

kassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputation

Lets see, i was diagonosed diabetic (type II ) when i was 16.

Been on metformin pretty much since then!

altohugh having no health insurance right now makes it hard to get my meds but ehh. such is life.

i have to eat differently on days that i work and days i don't work. on days i work i can pretty much eat anything. after all i get a pretty intense 4 hour work out when i'm working

Days i don't work i have to be carefull otherwise my sugars can get up there.

I have also noticed that as i lose weight my sugars get better, i gained back some of what i lost and the sugars are higher now.

My father is also diabetic as well as 4 out of 5 of his sisters. My uncle on my momsside is now diabetic as well.

It runs in the family. I don't understand how it works. My brothers g/f who eats horridly IMHO is not diabetic and i get so jealous cuz she can eat things i miss!! like snickersbars!

A tip if you start getting brown splotches on your skin and have type 2 diabeties these are a indication of insulin levels being high and nor absorbing properly. This happens when your sugars run high for a prolonged period of time (this is what i went to the doctor to have checked when i was a teenager and how we found out i was daibetic ) If you have this, as your sugars get better and stay int he normal range the appearance of the rought usually brownish skin disappears

Also dont' forget to take care of your feet, nails, teeth and eyes.

chromin picolanta is a natural herb thingie, that helps block the absorbson(sp?) of sugars, and if your are battling high blood sugar this may help.

I also recomend that everyone take vitamins, diabetic or not!! and for us diabetics, natures made has a pack that makes it SO easy.... 30 day supply, each day in its own little easy to grab and go pouch!

ok i'm rambling......

have fun

=Love shared is love doubled.... pain shared is pain cut in half..........share your life with me, and i'll share mine with you...
kassykit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kassykit For This Useful Post: