Old 06-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #42
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Andrew and kassykit

I'm needle phobic and hate the idea of a tattoo, but that's one I'd get also Andrew. Wow...would be great to be able to glance at my tattoo instead of jab my finger....and save on the cost of all those test strips as well. I'll have to check this out!

My family is the same way kassykit...lots of diabetes in my dad's side. I wasn't diagnosed til I was 40+ but they estimate that I went undiagnosed for 10 to 20 years based on the condition of my eyes (diabetic retinopathy). And you're right...horribly unfair. I know so many people who can munch away on candy bars, drink soda, eat fast food....not healthy but they're still okay. A snickers bar (which I adore) would send my sugars over the moon...

I have the same effect from exercise...not that I can eat whatever I want, but my fasting sugar level is a good 10 points lower in the morning when I've exercised the day before....and I'm working on taking off a bit more weight as well...not for appearance really, more just for good health.

Hugs to you both!