christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
Dawson, the big newf, was thrilled to be home with his buddies again. He couldnt wait to get in the door. So much for my ego! I was all sad and feeling guilty for returning him and he wasnt even looking back! Chuckling... the kennel owner was grateful I came to a quick conclusion and said it showed I had his best interest at heart. She told me she would adopt another dog out to me anyday. Of course, I have adopted two other of her dogs over the years, so I have a good history with her

Old Max is basking in the sun right now. He is eating well, loves to do a tiny bit of play (again, he is still weak and his back legs are really bad) and would sit for hours to be petter. Once he gets the vet ok, and shows he can be around Story without problem, he can come out of quaranteene and join us in the house.

it is so hard to foster a dog, especially one with so much unknown about him. I dont know if Max has had any shots, ever! Did he have a rabies shot? Was he on heartworm meds? My guess is probably not, as his missus was a poor woman and her house was likened to a hoarder's house. One small path to walk thru horrible messes and boxes and filth and junk. Her heart might have been true to the dog but I doubt he was vetted...
I know what you mean about the unknown vetting. Even with Sookie (the re-named Jenny) having been in rescue/foster, she hasn't had nearly all the shots she should have and I know that her first visit with our vet will include bordatella, canine influenza, distemper, parvo, blah blah blah. Because we board our dogs when we travel, our vet requires boosters even on the "puppy" shots. A $120 grooming will be at least $300 by the time she has all the vaccines.

On the brighter side of things, she is doing SO much better. This morning, there was no drag thru the house to walk and while I was getting ready, she alternated between Jess and I for love - without us proding her! I am so hopeful that she will be the big ole social girl very soon.

I haven't heard her make a noise yet - and schnauzers are famous for their "rooooo-roooooing" - chatty critters that they are. I am sure that it will be like when my son was a baby - couldn't wait for his first words and now I have visions of ball gags and duct tape LOL.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote