View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 12:39 PM   #463
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme with a heavy twist of Lime
Relationship Status:
Together since September of 2021

Thanked 32,142 Times in 10,009 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Things I've been thinking about over the past few weeks.

Does anybody else think of all the things we do in ordinary daily life and how Covid-19 has radically changed the way we go about our daily 'business'?

I read yesterday, how the US House of Representatives passed an extensive bill to help people not fall from the social grid. I know it has to yet be approved by the Senate, but one wonders even with improved funding (for example: This time there is hazard pay for employees on the front lines, extended unemployment benefits, extra income for family units with children - another round of a stimulus check with added extra income, one time payment) how will it improve the financial picture for those workers who were called back to work but not deemed an "Essential Worker"? Some workers got more money being laid off, than when they earned a living reporting to work. So I see flaws already in the latest bill, and flaws too concerning how certain corporate entities will raid funding meant to help those who seriously need it, etc (Small Business America; not franchisee owners who don't give a hoot about their workers being on the front lines to help them cash in on what cash is out there).

I know this sounds harsh, but I sincerely hope this pandemic is the proverbial Death Knell which wipes out the GOP as a controlling interest in politics and business affairs in our country. They truly DO NOT care about how people are suffering. Their greed and poisonous mindset is so toxic it should be painfully obvious to all American's that this type of horror show should be dealt with quickly. Before it is the complete and total ruin of our American society.