View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 08:11 PM   #4921
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme with a heavy twist of Lime
Relationship Status:
Together since September of 2021

Thanked 32,146 Times in 10,011 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I just got my car back, but during the past two weeks I walked a whole bunch of steps. My lower back did not like it much at all, but I did walk quite a bit and I may have even lost a few pounds.

July 5th - 11th: 58,332 steps (best days: Mon-Thurs; 3 days over 13K steps)
June 28th - July 4th: 55,556 steps (best days: Mon-Fri; 2 dys over 12K steps)

There were a couple days I did not wear my FitBit. Today I only logged about 8K steps, but I will try to walk a bit more before bedtime and try to get 9K steps or 10K steps for today.

I have a suggestion for shoes, nycfem: A couple years ago, back when I was still with the Physical Therapy team? One of the therapists made a recommendation to me and I went to a nearby specialty shoe store. I bought a few shoes made by a New Zealand shoe company: Ziera.

I really like the several pairs of Ziera shoes I bought: I bought two pairs of Gummibear shoes (in Red Rouge and Navy Blue) and a pair of dressy Mary Jane dress shoes, which are super cute, all of them. They are SO comfy. I spent a lot of money on those three pairs of Ziera shoes, but they are absolutely worth the money you invest to make sure your feet love you for a pair of wonderful shoes.

Here is a page I found online which shows examples of Ziera shoes. They have many styles, to choose from. Check out the Ziera link I first listed, so you can read about how this shoe company started. Their shoes are orthotic friendly, and engineered and designed by doctors who specialize in foot care (podiatry).

Thanks for sharing about being able to get outdoors for a bit. I know it must have felt so good.

Oh, you mentioned wearing a high quality mask and glasses. I bought a pair of shaded safety glasses, which wrap around my regular optical glasses. I bought mine at an Optical store, a couple years ago. Those are a bit spendy too, but the wrap-around effect to block light and other things from touching your eyes is worth the investment (I think).