View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 04:19 PM   #4938
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Since I pretty much never buy shoes and I’m super picky about what I put on my feet from a comfort point of view, I’ll throw my recommendation in the ring too.

I was looking for something I could use on the trails and on the beach when the sand is too cold that would mimic as closely as possible barefoot walking. I went to one of these runner stores that has the scanning device you stand on and measures your foot 16 ways from Sunday and told them what I was looking for. What they came up with and what I bought was a pair of Altra brand shoes in the “Escalante“ model. It is a zero lift shoe with no elevation under the heel, a wide toebox for unrestricted toes, and practically no padding for surface feel. For me they are magic and I love them, they suit my needs perfectly and while less than stunning in the looks department I don’t think they stand out in anyway. You would have to look down on them from the top to see how wide the toebox is, maybe something for Gemme.

My .02

I did not have an exercise experience today because it is Sunday and the beaches will be crowded with idiots. There will be a good low tide early tomorrow morning though and I will go be with the local regulars distancing and being safe.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: