Old 10-31-2021, 11:26 AM   #5204
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good afternoon, exercisers!

This has been quite the week for me. I pledged to go to the gym every single day and I did that. My start date was 10/24 and I've been every day all the way through today.

My last post was on 10/27 so I'll catch up from that point on.

10/28
Elliptical-461 calories burned, 3.77 miles, 60:01 minutes, 15:56 average pace. I worked at level 8 and powered that imaginary light bulb for 2 minutes!

10/29
Elliptical-148 calories burned, 1.378 miles, 18:00 minutes, 13:06 average pace. Level 8 and I got 2 minutes powering that light bulb....same as the previous day when I was on the machine for an hour! I think it's related more to intensity than time because I knew today was going to be short so I kicked it into high gear and really worked that machine, and myself, hard.

10/30
Elliptical-536 calories burned, 3.74 miles, 65:00 minutes, 17:23 average pace. My heart rate showed up on this one and said it was 137. I worked at level 14 and I powered that damn light bulb for 18 minutes. Hell, yeah! It BETTER recognize my effort!!!

10/31
Elliptical-248 calories burned, 2.00 miles, 35:00 minutes, 17:28 average pace. I worked at level 8 and only got one minute of power for that light bulb but I knew today wouldn't be too stressful since yesterday was killer, I'm not at 100% and I was going to do other stuff today as well.

I also did minutes of ab work, 5 minutes on the rebounder and only 3 minutes on the water rower. I wanted to do more but it apparently needs to be lubricated because it was squeaking/screeching as I slid back and forth and that ruined the experience for me. I had a stroke rate of 24 and went 551 meters.

I'm going to do the same thing this week and see if the usage patterns hold true or if one night was a one off. This will determine what nights I go going forward because I do NOT like a lot of people there. I'm always the only person with a mask and I do get it. My state has a very high vaccination rate but I've seen what can happen if someone does get COVID...the residual issues...plus I work with an 81 year old man with health issues. I don't want to get sick for myself and I don't want to bring anything to him.

There are two machines that I simply cannot wear a mask on and that is the treadmill and the water rower. They require too much of an oxygen draw for me and I feel like I'm suffocating, which in addition to just plain not being fun is a trigger for me so nope...not doing that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: