Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
That's actually a law in NYC, I believe. I actually have a card from the Gender Identity Project meetings which I carry around (not as much an issue today but when I was first transitioning I held on to it for dear life). The Caliente case was particularly annoying since they get their business from the LGBTQ community (as in, it was one of our own). I think that's what caused the biggest ruckus about all this.
It sucks that a card would have been necessary, but that doesn't sound like a bad way to carry around at least a little back-up if things really escalated in that sort of situation.

I remember a few years back, Rainbow Cattle Company (gay bar) in Austin put these signs on the doors of their bathrooms insisting that only men use the men's room and only women use the women's room, and it did seem especially awful that it was "family" who decided to implement this policy and that they seemed to have no understanding of gender variance. That bar is closed now, and I don't know if others in Austin have similar policies.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote