Old 06-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #10
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
PB -- We rescued a Shih Tzu about 1.5 years ago. He only has one eye. Soon after he came home, he developed an ulcer in his good eye. $500.00 later and hourly eye drops, it was okay, but it left a permanent scar on his eye

Please, if you can afford it, have the surgery done because they can't tell you when they are in pain. We only knew Jack's good eye was going bad because he was stumbling around (couldn't see). We thought he'd had a stroke.

Your dog will be fine and in good care. She will be glad to see you when you come to pick her up, but she will sleep fine.

Jack gets along fine with just the one eye, but I'm sure he'd rather have both of them. The vet said that his other eye probably got infected and literally rotted away. There was no sign of any medical attention to his eye socket. I get chills thinking about how much pain he must have gone through during that time. We have another Shih Tzu who's eyes are fine, we keep both of them groomed pretty close around their faces though. I will see if I can find a picture of them to post.

--June
(((((((((June)))))))))) Thank you for posting. I have heard that shih tzu's do have eye problems. OMG that Jack of yours is so lucky to have you as an owner. Makes me cringe at any neglect to any animal as I know that is how most of us feel. I can afford it financially...it's emotionally that is the problem.

But, I will do what is best for her, not necessarily what is best for me. I am glad your other Shih Tzu's eyes are doing great.

Would love to see your babies. I have one posted of bella as well.

Thanks again and bless you for your post and advice.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote