View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #49
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I am an applications software developer. I have worked at the same job for over six years. Until this year, I was always a contractor but our Bureau Chief scheduled a meeting with all the contractors and said for us to submit our resumes and "be reachable." I saw contractors around me, good friends, get dismissed because of cutbacks so I went for security. We all took a little pay cut to become permanent employees. It is not so bad and right now, the security of stability is comforting. I do not spend so much anymore when I take Kelly, my dog, to pet stores. She gets to select one thing instead of a whole bag of loot. Of course, Kelly has more than she needs now anyway. I adopted her last December from our local Humane Shelter and yes, she is the love of my life.

I am sincerely thankful for my job. And am thankful I enjoy it so much. It is not a burden for me to get up and go into work in the mornings but I sure am glad to get home and see my Kelly. If anyone is interested, I posted her photo in the Galleries. She was a year old when I brought her home last December. Kelly is a mixed pit bull.

Best wishes to everyone - and for those who are struggling.
Brock

P. S. Looks up and waves to JustJo
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: