How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
Bravo to this post, but I don't understand how femmes are relagated or unseen in any manner. At this sir's house they are the most beautiful, prominent, powerful creatures on earth. Maybe someday, one might love me. I wonder what that would feel like. Empowerment? It certainly doesn't come from my masculinity.

Femme's experience invisibility every time they step out into the world alone
Without being on the arm of somebody, we are not counted, not noticed.
When we ARE noticed there are several different things that can happen.

We get told we should just be with men or that we are pretending to be with men.

We get dismissed because we *pass*.

It's like coming out over and over and over again. It can be different every time. Say we date a trans person? We get told we are straight. As if OUR identity (once again) is entrenched in who we love. Date another Femme and we are told we are not "Real Femmes".

So yes, we are relegated to the back of the line. To the closet. To the hetero world
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post: